Toronto trip

So sadly I missed the Albany trip, but the week before I made just as good of a trip. As I had mentioned a month or so ago, I was going to be in Toronto so I got in touch with a couple people and set aside some time to visit. Sure I only saw three professional cars and met two poeple in person that I've known for awhile, but when it's these two, what more can I say??

If you don't know this guy, well, tisk tisk :badbad:

Just kidding, I didn't know what he looked like either, because I hadn't see a post-1970's picture of him! This is Tom McPherson. And if you couldn't tell from the goofy grin on my face, I was having a great time talking to him. Tom is one of those people who is so impassioned by automobiles, he can talk for hours about them, and you happily hang on every single word. While my parents, Jen, and myself were up there for the annual RROC (Rolls Royce club) meet, this was one of the greatest parts of our trip.

2986417310101978915S600x600Q85.jpg

And one of the other highlights was meeting this character :D

If you don't him, you should. This is Darren Bedford. Now if I had been smart, I should have hidden in the back of the '62 M-M he took to Albany...

We met up on Thursday, chatted for awhile, walked through the RROC host hotel's parking lot looking at the cars, and then took a short drive up to see his "barn". Yes, technically it's a barn, but you'd never know that from the inside since it looks more like a rustic garage mahal on the inside. Which by the way sits across the street from a burial vault company, which just makes me laugh. Best yet, this is where he keeps his two gorgeous '62s. Jen could barely hold back the drool when Darren rolled off the car cover on the '62 landau.

By the way, Darren left me with one of the funniest things I heard all week. Someone had driven a RR Phantom drophead coupe (a $400,000 car when new), and while we were walking around the hotel parking lot looking at the classics, he looked over at this car and said, "it looks just like any other new car." I couldn't agree more :cheers:

2051248970101978915S600x600Q85.jpg

Adam

It was a fantastic visit with you and your family. So glad you posted your visit and met up with some PCS people while you were in Toronto.

It was funny to see you mom picking all the 4 leaf clovers. I have stepped on them hundreds of times and never even realized what I was walking on.

I wonder if that has brought me any luck.
I hope it does with this car lead I have right now !

Hope to see you again soon or at least in Akron for the 2011 PCS meet.

Say HI to Jen and your parents for me.

Take care and thanks again for letting me know about that cool car show.
I had a blast.

Darren

Back