'60 Flxible ($5k/MN)

Has this coach been discussed before, maybe in capacity of a different prior custodian?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://inventory.tedstunaboats.com/details.cfm?carID=197&s=1:asc

This is an original Flxible Hearse. Started life as a '60 Buick LeSabre with an Electra front clip. Then shipped to the Flxible Professional Coach Co. in Ohio. Company records indicate total production of this model was limited to 91 units. This one was sold to Kirby Funeral Home in Eldorado, Kansas All original driveline and paint. Very solid car with minor front floor rust , and also at the rear 1/4's. Very restorable. Nice straight panels all around. Glass, bumpers, and mouldings are all intact and in good shape. This thing is just plain AWESOME! Factory A/C, (must have been for the driver, passengers were not concerned with comfort). Clear title with some history available.

DC5A9D96-4768-4D4C-97276E91423FE2CE.JPG

18A6C4CB-8BA5-49EC-B4BDFDD594380F15.JPG

I love it ! Wish I had the time, money & talent to make it a thing of beauty again !

That would be a 20,000.00 project for sure with body, paint, engine, etc...

Who knows about interior, trans, etc.

Darren

I am convinced that every Flxette survived, but very few Premiers seemed to. The Flexettes just don't seem to generate much interest($).

60 buick

Atti
What do think of this coach? I'm just wondering about the price is that good or bad deal. The original interior is all there just in poor shape. Does not run but does roll so loading on a trailer will work. Just wondering what everyone thinks about it.
Thanks
Jamie

Ted is going to be on the high end on all of his cars. Check out his website and you will get a feel for his pricing. I think that you will find him to be full retail plus 25% on most everything he has in stock.

Thanks Kurt I will talk to Ted tomorrow about the Buick he did say in his email that he can work on the price I guess I would like to know for the guys who know more there input on what they think the retail price on this coach might be. I know I was bidding on a landau style from Georgia months ago and he didn't sell it for under 2000 so I guess I was a low baller but i don't know much but I'm trying to learn more about the procar lifestyle.
Thanks

every one has there own price they would set so it all over the board. from the pictures it's complete but not running. to me it's a grand. but then I don't want or need one at this time either. the interior is all there but needs redone and I wanted it I might go 3. but for 5 I better be able to drive it home says the man that paid that for his Seville and had to winch it on his trailer. but then we had a battery problem. I knew who I was dealing with and the car did what he said it would.

John good point on the price not running but not sure what the problem is it might be fuel or battery so it might easy fix but never know but I got my 61 off my trailer in less them five hours the flex plate broke so there I sat with no coach for a month trying to find parts to fix it so there will always be problems with what ever we buy. But thanks for the input about the coach.

After talking with Ted who seems really nice I'm going to pass on this coach maybe in spring if he still has it but ill wait and see what the new year brings thanks for all the info from everyone

Yes, Ted is an extremely nice guy. Completely trust-worthy........ just high priced. I would have no issue in buying from him if the price were right. He had a '59 Pontiac Bonneville wagon that I would have loved to own!

I am convinced that every Flxette survived, but very few Premiers seemed to. The Flexettes just don't seem to generate much interest($).

I had a nice old '61 Flxette ambulance that I really liked. Made the mistake of letting a race track in Odessa have the car. I was supposed to have gotten some $$ plus their '58 Chevy DelRay ambulance in trade. I got the money but never the Chevy. The track gave the Buick to a small volunteer group in Goldsmith, just north of Odessa, and they took over providing service for the track for a few years. I got the car back from them in 1985, and lost it to theft about a year or two later. I wouldn't mind finding it again.

My other short Buick was a '67 National that I bought from Bob Dietz's old co. in Eldorado, KS. It, too was stolen c. 1979. I found it in 1983 in Slaton, TX, just SE of Lubbock on a small car lot. All the lights and the siren were gone. Slaton's police chief was a good friend so I got her to meet me at the lot. Of course after all those years it was no longer on the "hot sheet", so I sent for an title history, which when it came back, clearly showed that I never signed off on it. While waiting for the paperwork, the chief told the lot owner not to move the vehicle until she told him so. When I got the paperwork back, I went over to Slaton to the chief's office and we went to the lot and the car was gone. He had sold it. He also got arrested for disobeying the chief's order. Sad end to the story.....I found it again in 1986 sitting in an alley in Downtown Lubbock. The roof was sheared off, so I never bothered trying to recover it again!

Back