1955 Ford Courier ambulance

Not sure, I just purchased this ambulance from the PO in Clarksville, Texas.
I'm still trying to ID the conversion company. Was originally owned by a funeral home in Paris, Tx. then purchased by the P O in 1971. Laid to rest in 1981, we'll see how long it takes for me to resurrect it. Original 292 V8 was replaced by a 6 cyl. Steve Creed Ft Worth TX

Congratulations on your new ambulance. It will be fun to get it back to its original glory, and there is a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow... It is called smiles of happiness.
Paul

Thank You, Paul for the good word. :) I'll post more info as I progress! This is my first Ambulance to restore. This one is in sad shape, the front frail rail is rusted through and the lights are missing and I need to find a 292 Y block, but those are the large obstacles. If I find a donor 55 Ford, it could boost the project significantly.

great save, and I was just thinking to my self being from the rust belt, that it is so cool that this stuff is laying around. And I was thinking about how clean the sheet metal is.

Wait till I start posting pics up as I rebuild my 56. You will come to appreciate how clean your car really is.

Congratulations Steve! I realize that your new ambulance needs lots of work, but you will have a very unique and attractive ambulance when it is done. And you will find lots of help and encouragement, right here on this forum. Best of luck!

Back