Current Edition of Collectible Automobiles 1959 ACC Edsel Amblewagon Article

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
The current edition of Collectible Automobiles, features an article on a beautiful 1959 ACC Edsel Amblewagon. It is a nice pictorial of this Amblewagon, but the writing, in my opinion, fell short. If you don't get this magazine, you might want to pick one up, it is a beautiful publication.

About this Amblewagon, I am fairly certain that it was owned by a PCS member from New York, although his name escapes me. Apparently, the car changed owners since. The articles states that at the time of photographing, the ambulance belonged to now deceased Mike Frankovich Jr's Super Cosmos Museum in California. Does anyone know the whereabouts of the Edsel today?

The current edition of Collectible Automobiles, features an article on a beautiful 1959 ACC Edsel Amblewagon. It is a nice pictorial of this Amblewagon, but the writing, in my opinion, fell short. If you don't get this magazine, you might want to pick one up, it is a beautiful publication.

About this Amblewagon, I am fairly certain that it was owned by a PCS member from New York, although his name escapes me. Apparently, the car changed owners since. The articles states that at the time of photographing, the ambulance belonged to now deceased Mike Frankovich Jr's Super Cosmos Museum in California. Does anyone know the whereabouts of the Edsel today?

I’ve not seen the article you’re referring to, Bill, but surmise it may be the vehicle formely owned by Lance Alfieri (Long Island, NY) ... depicted here in this nice shot (made by Steve Loftin?) when it appeared at the Gaithersburg, MD PCS Meet back in 1989:

Attachments

• 650C87E2-2E77-4C36-9FF5-44EA63DC6440.jpeg
    650C87E2-2E77-4C36-9FF5-44EA63DC6440.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 131
I’ve not seen the article you’re referring to, Bill, but surmise it may be the vehicle formely owned by Lance Alfieri (Long Island, NY) ... depicted here in this nice shot (made by Steve Loftin?) when it appeared at the Gaithersburg, MD PCS Meet back in 1989:

Thank you Dave, that is the Amblewagon I am talking about and that is the name I could not remember.

Back