Wanted- Federal PA-15

NJ Dorsey

Hi! Does anyone have a Federal PA-15 or similar they are interested in selling? OR trading? I have lots of cool professional car scale models and other interesting items.

Noah - regardless of source, send your PA-15 to Kent at Retro Tech electronics service. Check them out on Facebook (no other web presence) No point trying to install a siren you don’t know works. Very reasonable fees and great work.

no problem testing them. the key is use the proper speaker it must be 11 ohm of you will blow the transmitter. I just haven't gotten a round to it yet as I had nothing to put one in. there should be 3 or 4 in the shed. I do not know if one has the alert on it or not. or if any have a bracket. for some reason that is the thing that gets tossed.

will I dug then out today cold and rainy turned to snow anyway so inside stuff . one has gone threw a flood. one lights up makes scratche noise in the speaker in all positions so it might be repairable the other makes funny sounds in the yelp and wail low volume on pa so it should be repairable. so two may be repairable I did uncover this . it would be the control head for the proper low band radio. the rig should have had this type of radio when new. the radio it's self is about the size of a brief case and 50 lb. now I don't have it but the control head was all you say anyway. let me know if you want it. or one of the needs repaired 15s

Attachments

• IMG_9843.jpg
    IMG_9843.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_9844.jpg
    IMG_9844.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_9848.jpg
    IMG_9848.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_9850.jpg
    IMG_9850.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_9851.jpg
    IMG_9851.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 156
Thanks so much, Ed! I messaged you on FB.

will I dug then out today cold and rainy turned to snow anyway so inside stuff . one has gone threw a flood. one lights up makes scratche noise in the speaker in all positions so it might be repairable the other makes funny sounds in the yelp and wail low volume on pa so it should be repairable. so two may be repairable I did uncover this . it would be the control head for the proper low band radio. the rig should have had this type of radio when new. the radio it's self is about the size of a brief case and 50 lb. now I don't have it but the control head was all you say anyway. let me know if you want it. or one of the needs repaired 15s

The Motrac would indeed be a likely option for 1965, if an agency chose Motorola. GE Progress Line, Transistorized Progress Line, and MASTR as well as RCA Carfone were also options. The older Motorola Twin-V is also possible.

Best to research the agency if possible, and more importantly to compare hole patterns to the products available.

Pa20

There is a PA20 on eBay with Alert instead of hi lo. I use the eBay app so cant post a link, but the auction number is: 192816120886

Attachments

• 34D80677-89FD-4D26-8AEB-FACB35E8E14D.jpg
    34D80677-89FD-4D26-8AEB-FACB35E8E14D.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 395
Back