1956 Ford Meteor Hearse/Flower Car?

John McCulloch

PCS Member
I don't know this fellow--met him at a car show. Seems sincere. The Peebles Funeral Home in Atwood, Ontario used it as their hearse/flower car. Built by J.J. Little, Ingersoll. 272 cubic inch engine with a three speed standard transmission. 42,000 original miles. Asking $12,900 certified. Appraised last year at $21,500. He does not want it hot rodded. (No rollers)
(Located at Dundalk, Ontario about 45 minutes away from me.)
John McCulloch

Owned by Ray Sharples. If interested call Fred at 519-923-6996 red hearse.jpg

red hearse2.jpg

red hearse3.jpg

Wow!! That is one neat, awesome looking Ford/Meteor. My first car was a 1956 Ford 2 door sedan, so they sort of have a soft spot in my heart. Amazing deal, too. Sure hope someone snaps this thing up, I sure would if I had the means to do so. Thanks for posting this gem!

Hmmm...

Here is a question about this car for all of the Canadian folks. Every 1956 Canadian Ford/Meteor that I have ever seen that has the trim like that on the side (which is different than the American model--see pic of mine below) has a different grille in it. It dips down in the center like a "V". Those Canadian grilles were so much neater looking than the American version. Wouldn't this one have that too? This one has the regular Ford grille. Just wondered. Either way, awesome car.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 436
Meteor grille

Found a pic of the Meteor grille on Ebay. This is the grille I was talking about.

Attachments

• 56Meteor.jpg
    56Meteor.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 437
It might have been sourced from the states for engine options that were not available in Canada.

Back