Storm's a brewin'...

Congradulations.... Now you have an excuse to buy another car.... it is for the child when he gets his license..:biker:

Adam

It's time for a PCS LIFE MEMBERSHIP NOW !!!

Kevin's boys will be hanging out in the parking lot with your little guy in the years to come.

These 4 guys are the future of the PCS and what a great collection these guys will have when they can drive !!!

Looking forward to photos of all 3 of you in 2013 !!!

All the best,
Darren

I'm too cheap (and kinda too broke at the moment) to buy artwork for above the crib, so I'm making my own. The room's theme is cars (duh, this is my kid after all), and the crib sheets are vintage race cars. So, I'm making a similar Indy car to the ones on the sheets, minus the puppy dog drivers. And after thinking about how to do this awhile, I finally gave up and free handed the cartoon-ish shape with pinstripping tape. The first photo is the outline that will become the cut-out of the car. Next step was to skim the tape with a little spray paint to make an easy to trace pattern for the jig-saw. The "wheels" are approximate scale staggered Corningware lids. I'll later use these to outline and cut some tires/wheels. Will post the end results when I get done.

Attachments

• Race car01.jpg
    Race car01.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Race car02.jpg
    Race car02.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 94
Speaking of holding the steering wheel

He or she is holding it correctly. Enjoy. Every year will go by faster and faster. My best to the family!!!
Kev

Race car art

Only took two months to finish a simple project, start to finish. Is this signs of things to come??? Only about four weeks to go now too! Jen wishes it was four hours...

And if you're wondering if there's any significance to the #5, yes. It's the last racing number used by one of my favorite race car drivers, Sir Jackie Stewart. But I let Jen believe it's because we got married in 2005 :D

Attachments

• Roadster.jpg
    Roadster.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Introducing Andrew Hudson Borkat!

Born at 12:28am Thursday. 7 lbs., 15 oz., 21.5" long, and healthy. A couple pictures to share...

1 - Napping on his birthday.

2 - Listening to the sounds of the 1968 Nürburgring Grand Prix, while I watched it. We found out while in utero he likes the sounds of Formula 1 cars. While we were watching a Sterling Moss documentary, he would kick like crazy when he heard the cars.

3 - For the next 30-40 years, laying on my beloved Lotus shirt may be as close as I let him get to the real one :D

Attachments

• sleeping.jpg
    sleeping.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 92
  • racing.jpg
    racing.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 90
  • lotus.jpg
    lotus.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 95
Congratulations Adam to you and your lovely wife on your beautiful new baby! I never had any children, but I have watched a number of babies grow and become who they become, it really is a beautiful time, enjoy!

Back