Professional auto inspections

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
Has anyone ever hired an expert automobile appraiser to go look at a car you’re interested in? I contacted one in Florida (Expert Auto Appraisals) to go check out a car I’m interested in. He sent me an example of a report he recently completed on a 1953 Lincoln Capri. The report was 102 pages in length, contained a detailed report on the body of the car as well as a mechanical inspection (including test drive report). The report mentions everything from each body ding, condition of paint right down to how the doors and trunk align. The report also included about 50 high-resolution photos. At the end, there is a long list of items graded (from poor to excellent). It’s a real nice, comprehensive report. His fee is also very fair.

If this post offended anyone, I’m sorry

Jim

102 pages? Wow, the car may be sold before I get the chance to read the report! Do they offer a 10 page summary? I have never used a third party service but it may give you peace of mind.

102 pages? Wow, the car may be sold before I get the chance to read the report! Do they offer a 10 page summary? I have never used a third party service but it may give you peace of mind.

Kevin, it's mostly photos and disclaimers. Probably 12-15 written pages about the car itself.

I recently made some changes to my insurance coverage on my 63 Superior with Hagerty Insurance. They viewed the restoration photos and adjusted the coverage amounts accordingly.

if I was spending over 5 on a car I would really want this kind of a report from a un-biased person. all they are doing is given you the condition of the car. not establishing value. pictures lie and it's easy to crop something out if you don't want to show it. so if your spending big to you money I would use this service. I know Keven helped me not make a 3 grand and shipping mistake.

I recently made some changes to my insurance coverage on my 63 Superior with Hagerty Insurance. They viewed the restoration photos and adjusted the coverage amounts accordingly.

Hope you have it covered for an insane amount! I know I do with my Hagerty cars.
I cant believe they even covered mine for the price I stated.

Never used one, but I did take my mechanic with me to check out a car for Rick Statham once. Like others have mentioned, if I was spending a decent chunk and couldn't get a PCS member to take a look I would consider such a service. When I bought my ambulance from Cali I talked to two members who had knowledge of it.

I have never used one, but there is a collector car dealer in my area thad does them. The price was a couple hundered for a verbal and like 5-600 for a written apprasal. This was many years ago so im sure prices have gone up.

Back