WANTED: Fold Up Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Purchased a 1967 Caddy Fleetwood Series 75 Limo Last fall and I'm currently on the hunt for missing parts and pieces to make this a Complete Car, before I under-go the Restoration.

For what-ever Reason (and I dont know the Benefit or Reason they did this) but the Fold Up Seats for the "2nd Row Seating" were removed....I do know this Car at one time Had Fold Up Seating in the Second Row as I found the 2 Trianglular shaped Foot Rests/Pads in the Trunk of the car (with no mounting brackets), and the Previous owner has no idea where the Seats went.

So I am Praying to my lucky stars that someone out there has one ('67 Caddy Fleetwood Series 75 Limo) that they are using for parts or knows where there is one rotting away somewhere....Color or condition isnt really that big of an issue to me right now, I'd just be happy to be able to locate a set.....and more than likely I would have them Re-Upholstered to match the rest of the Interior

And thats another story in its own,.....the Color Pairings that are/were on this car have me scratching my head to this day

Thanks in Advance for all your Help and Insight,
-Ryan

Seats

I belive 59-65 are the same. 66 and up I do not know but here are some pics from my 62 parts car and pics from my 62 Buick Limo which uses the same seats. These look the same?

Attachments

• DSC01759.jpg
    DSC01759.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC04248.jpg
    DSC04248.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 009c_1.JPG
    009c_1.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 316
Limo Seats

Daniel,

Thanks for the Reply, the Seats from your Parts Car Pic look very Simular to the Styling of those that may have been found in my '67.....And Very Simular in Color as well......which I found to be a little Odd, as I didn't think the Light Baby Blue Interior with Black Exterior was a Factory Pairing.....But your pics suggest otherwise...which is Re-Assuring, As I've seen the Black Exterior with a Darker Royal Blue Interior on some Models, but wasn't sure about the Lighter Blue with a Black Exterior.....(Didn't know if I had a Repaint....or Fading Issues????)

I've been having some Issues with my E-Mail Address as of late, so etheir send me a PM, or you can E-Mail me at rjrmotorsports@live.com for the time being till things get Resolved with my other Acount.

As I am interested in what you have to offer.

Seats

Ryan ,this limo was originally white which goes better with the blue. The jump seats out of the Caddy I need for my Buick, I was posting this as a reference. I thought someone might know if the 66 and up Limos had the same jump seats.

ahhhh Ok Daniel, I understand where your coming from now, Sorry for the Mis-understanding, and thanks for the Reference.....even though i'm not real sure what all is Stock on this car and whats been added????

As it has a Small Wooden Cabinet Sitting up against the Divider Glass....But its not secured to anything....then it also has the "Boomerang Anntena" on the Trunk lid along with Mini Landau Bars on the C-Pillar which are missing the Center Lens' Caps that Light up I guess?

So more than likely the Seats that span the Length of the Divider Window/Wall wouldn't have worked if I would've kept the Cabinet in there....But at this point I'd be happy with most anything as now it just looks like a Car with alot of Foot Room in the back (lol)

Know where a '69 is sitting in a junkyard. When visiting today I thought to check. Most of the interior is already gone however:

dsc03889q.jpg

Anything else that you're missing?

Attila,
Thanks for your Help and sharing your findings, those seats out of that car look like they just might work for mine (At least it would be better than what I've got now...Nothing)

Still leaves me wondering about the Center Cabinet, Boomerang Anntena and Lighted Landau Bars that are in/on the car....as I have yet to find anything that would work along with the Cabinet.

The Fold-up Seats, Foot Rests & maybe the Outside Landau Bar Center Light caps are about the only thing I can think of that I'll need thats Pro-Car Related.....the rest of the Items I need to complete this Car I think I can Hopefully find on a Standard Street Car from that year

I will be in touch with you Attila, and Thanks Again!
-Ryan

There again today. Moved stuff around inside after poking for rattlers first. After receiving a fair price, I was going to pull the seats and related bits for you. Opted for WD40 on everything so they're easier to remove next trip. ;)

Found out this is a '66, btw - same jump seats were used in '67.

dsc08650h.jpg

Don't think this car had landaus.

Attila,
I Thank you for Contacting me about this, as I was starting to loose hope in being able to find something era correct for this Car.

Poking around for 'Rattlers??? Zoicks......Guess I'm greatful for just having to deal with a Spider Web Full of Eggs or a Rodent Nesting Spot at the absolute Worst.

Be sure to keep me Informed and up to date on this as I am Interested in them....Just drop me a PM or an E-mail and we can work out the details

Thanks again Attila

Not 100% sure what I'm going to do about the Light Caps on the Center of the Landau Bars on the Sides, the person I bought the car from said he was just going to glue in Milk Caps for Light Covers.....but I'm not crazy about doing some Backyard Fabrication on a Car like this.

and the more and more I poke around on this car the more I think the Cabinet and Boomerang Antenna were added by a Previous owner as it just doesn't "Jive" with the rest of the car.

Yeah that's what it appears........I'm still pretty 'green' to this hobby yet but those two things just didn't seem right and outta place.

By the way, I'm still looking for some Fold up Seats yet, as the last deal kinda fell apart. Not Attila's fault by any means or anything, the owner of the Car had forgotten that he had sold the Jump Seats to a Guy Years back........So I guess the Mouse Chase is back On!...........Yippie!

You misunderstood Ryan, the '66 jump seats are still present and yours. Haven't been pulled yet. Don't forget that list.

The '69 limo jump seats I posted earlier in the thread turns out I was 20 years late checking on.

Sorry for not being more clear.

Attila, I am Sorry for the Mis-understanding, that was my Bad.

This quest to find Fold Up Seats for the car has been a Roller Coaster of a Ride! but thats part of the fun part of this Hobby.

I am working on that List Attila, I wanna make sure I cover everything that I'm looking for, I almost had another Pro-Car to enter into the fleet this weekend but that slipped right through my fingers Sadly (It would've required some Parts to Reconstruct the damaged areas) I just hope whomever did buy it Restores it and doesn't rape the car of its Engine and Tranny and send the remains to the Crusher as a Result of the High Price of Scrap Metal in this Region as of late......but I have my doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back