Back From A Movie Shoot

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
Although it is not really ready for a movie, they used my Pontiac for an upcoming HBO documentary. I don't know when it will be aired, or the name of it, but here are a few pix of how my ambulance looks today.

Attachments

• 1968 Superior Pontiac 013.jpg
    1968 Superior Pontiac 013.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 311
  • 1968 Superior Pontiac 008.jpg
    1968 Superior Pontiac 008.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 1968 Superior Pontiac 011.jpg
    1968 Superior Pontiac 011.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 319
  • 1968 Superior Pontiac 009.jpg
    1968 Superior Pontiac 009.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 317
Most all the movies we have worked on are shot at night (so they can adjust the light they want) with light towers. Almost always.... they want to spray a dulling compound on a shiny car or fire truck to reduce the glare. Hopefully they pay you enough have it painted after the assignment. MM

These shots are in front of the garage where I presently park it. Mike, to answer your questions, I don't know when they actually shot the car for the movie and no, not quite enough to paint it, but we will get there.

To anybody who saw pictures when I first got it, do you remember those big ugly mirrors it had? I think the new mirrors are an improvement, do you?

Looks fantastic, I worked on the ambulance scene when they shot the movie The Woods in 2006 with Bruce Campbell and Patricia Clarkson, actually one of the outfit of the driver is mine. Depending of the company they can be very careful with the cars, but it's the set decorator that have to be checked, sometimes they do stupid things like trying to remove stickers

Bill, your car looks great and the new mirror looks correct on the car. Remembering from the old days backing into the ambulance bays I would have begged for West Coast mirrors. The home for the car looks very nice. Ask the owner of the Town Car if I can have his whitewalls. Discount Tire told me yesterday that Michellin has discontinued the whitewalls that fit our sedans and coaches--three different sizes for 16 and 17 rims. Thanks for sharing the good news on the filming.

Bill, your car looks great and the new mirror looks correct on the car. Remembering from the old days backing into the ambulance bays I would have begged for West Coast mirrors. The home for the car looks very nice. Ask the owner of the Town Car if I can have his whitewalls. Discount Tire told me yesterday that Michellin has discontinued the whitewalls that fit our sedans and coaches--three different sizes for 16 and 17 rims. Thanks for sharing the good news on the filming.

I sure hope the mirrors look correct, I got them from OPGI and they even feel correct. But, as opposed to the California mirrors, these don't give you that great view and the mirror on the passenger side is for decoration only.

Bill,
The new mirrors look great! Your old mirrors were not West Coast mirrors. West Coast mirrors mount above and below the windows. Those were just butt-ugly truck mirrors! Great choice!

Orange Is The New Black

Yesterday, the ambulance was used in an upcoming episode of Orange Is The New Black. I have never seen the show, so I have no idea what it is about, but apparently they liked the car. So, if anyone watches the show, keep an eye out for my car in an upcoming episode.

Back