A funeral with a 1955 Meteor

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Picture that was sent to me of a funeral using a 1955 Meteor.

Attachments

• 1955 Meteor.jpg
    1955 Meteor.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 434
you miss a lot when you miss one. but the dark navy blue looks black in some lights and the black will reflect that blue tone.

it is nice to see a car restored/preserved but to work as it was intended to be.

It looks like the '55 that ........ owned at one time..........is it still his?

Being respectful to the deceased, I have eliminated the name of the owner of this hearse. If the owner feels that it is appropriate, he will give the details of the funeral, and take ownership of the picture and hearse. Please respect the deceased and the funeral home and keep the discussion to generalities, without naming names.
Thanks
Paul

55 Meteor

My 55 in service yesterday in Lilburn, Ga service for a Boy Scout Leader , over 500 attended the service.. I did bring the 55 to Milwaukee in 2013 meet and the car is grey over black, original factory colors for Johnson Funeral Home in Hamberg, Iowa. I purchased the car in 1987 from McGown Coach Sales , sold it in 1995 to Rance Bennett,Ken Howe owned and I repurchased the car in 2010 from Leon Groff Sandusky,Ohio. We use the car average 1 to 2 times per month for services upon request of families we serve between our two chapels. And we do local car shows and cruise ins. Great car and advertising for our funeral homes.

My 55 in service yesterday in Lilburn, Ga service for a Boy Scout Leader , over 500 attended the service.. I did bring the 55 to Milwaukee in 2013 meet and the car is grey over black, original factory colors for Johnson Funeral Home in Hamberg, Iowa. I purchased the car in 1987 from McGown Coach Sales , sold it in 1995 to Rance Bennett,Ken Howe owned and I repurchased the car in 2010 from Leon Groff Sandusky,Ohio. We use the car average 1 to 2 times per month for services upon request of families we serve between our two chapels. And we do local car shows and cruise ins. Great car and advertising for our funeral homes.
Forgot to mention the new Diamondback white wall tires great ride and tons of complements.

I remember Rance had this coach and a matching flower car for sale at the 1995 meet in Fort Wayne. Asking price for the pair at the time $32,500. What ever happened to the flower car?

Back