Weight Specs

My 73 S&S Professional the weight specs are no longer on the driver door. I was wondering if anyone knew what the front, the rear, and the combined weight is on it. My 74 S&S Victoria has it but I assume the ambulance is more. Thanks for the help.

As they use the same chassis. The gross GVW. Would be the same. Tires were the same springs were the same. Now when I got the main leaf for the 67 there was talk of 7or 9 leaf in Which case the 9 would have a higher gross weight rating. But that was on the 67 chassis. The GVW on it is 7300

But what is the listed Gross vehicle Waigh? The amount the manufacturer says is all you can carry,That is the question. We know it is under 10,000 as that is all the 4 tires that came on it are rated at.

Chris

Are you asking what the vehicle weighs ?

If so, the best thing to do to find out how much it weighs is to take it to a truck weigh scale. Some charge a small fee for the slip they print out, some will just have you drive on and tell you.

:thumbsup:

The driver's door of the '73 I have access to just has a blue paper tag that states -

"MFD. BY HESS & EISENHARDT CO., 10-73, This vehicle conforms to all applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards in effect on the date of manufacture shown above. Vehicle Identification No. ***** "

There is a faint outline of another paper tag, about 2 inches square, but it is long gone.

The only mention of weight that I have seen in any of my cars, is the aluminum foil tag on the inner fender, the lower half of which says -

"Tire Inflation Pressure, (Check with tires cool), Professional Cap, Standard Inflation Pressure for all loads, including full rated load
*9 Passengers + 200 Lb Load (1550 Lb. Total)
Front 24 p.s.i. Rear 40 p.s.i.
Tire Size 8.60-15 - 8 Ply Rating

* Front - 3 Rear - 6"

I tried to take pictures, but they didn't turn out well, as it was dark when I got home, and the lighting is not the best in my garage. I can check the '76s this weekend, but as I remember, they all were the same.

I'm trying to figure out the weight on the front side. The 74 I have says 3500, I was trying to see if it's the same on the ambulance. It's currently not in a state I can take it to a scale and weigh it.

so the 73 says you can add 1500 lb plus the wight of the car to keep under the max rating of the tires and suspension. so in Kurt's case full loaded by those standards would by 8030. leaving some 1700 lb cushion. or about 3/4 of max. but wounder how they figure 9 passengers on the H&E. someone is standing up or they are going 4 across the front seat normal ball park is for each adult 200 lb. that along would put you over with out any equipment.

but the ambulance would weigh more then the Hears so that the front axle wight should have to be more. but a check of my tag pictures shows a 75 MM with front at 3500 that has to be Roberts criterion.

Back