Need a new top for my 95 Lincoln Hearse!

Hello! I have an art restoration business in Santa Fe, NM, and 2 years ago I purchased a 1995 blue Lincoln Hearse from a local funeral home to use for pick-up/deliveries of artwork. I had decals of my logo applied to the side of the car which has now become a loved and recognized character here in Santa Fe. I have a great mechanic who keeps the car running beautifully.

My question is: The vinyl top is faded and beginning to crack. I have no experience with upholstering and can't seem to get a good recommendation in town and the quotes I've received are all over the place. Does anyone out there know somebody in my area who you would recommend to properly reupholster my top? How much should this cost? How do I know if someone is legit? I love my hearse and my goal is to make it pristine. It only has 98,000 miles on it and I have been putting less than 2000 miles per year since I purchased it so I expect to keep it for a very long time. Any suggestions? Thank you!!!
-Matt

There is a shop in Philadelphia could do it in a snap that does you no good 2000 miles away. You must have a couple of LIMO services that use stretched cars or dealer for same and funeral vehicles. I would check with them and see if they had any tops done and who did them. They may be able to point you the right direction.

Welcome Matthew! As far as your top is concerned, it is a big top, but should not be a big deal to a professional vinyl top installer. I know a shop here in NJ, but that does you no good, unless you want to drive up here. In my opinion, you are probably going to spend $1500 to $2000 for a good job. If I were you, I would look for an auto upholstery shop in your area, one that specializes in vinyl tops. You might find that there are some very talented upholsterers from Mexico in your area. Best of luck!

I dont have much experience here but I would suspect any place that does convertible tops would be able to do this. But I agree a proper job probably wont be cheap.

Good advice all ready handed out. Price would depend on padded or not and any damage under the one on there. But things would have to be bad to go over 2500. You want to price out to top material. Go the miamicorp.com

Matt,
Try your insurance company. They may/could refer you to an Automotive Adjuster that may have a soft trim shop in their list of vendors. Insurance Carriers deal with damage claims all the time and know of these kinds of special shops.

Thanks for all the tips everyone! I've found a shop in town with good reviews and within what seems to be a reasonable price range. I really appreciate the help!

Back