Say hello to my little friend

not to unusual to find a combo converted to a ambulance. I do know were there is enough flooring of that same pattern and color also.

but you would think they could have learned how to park after the first go round. I could not see the first lick in the tablet.

bet it looked sharp with the 4 corner torpedo lights and the beacon ray. still a lot of potential there. I'm guessing it was order with the intention of using it as a ambulance. to much stuff not to have.

mine was ordered with the intention of using it as the coroners wagon. probably the only live body it hauled was Mom when we brought her home from the hospital. I drill out the lead plug for the light.

Attachments

• 1972 sevill 3.jpg
    1972 sevill 3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 126

I love those shorties, especially when they are an ambulance. That 71 to 76 Olds was a nice car too. It needs a whole lot of love, but could be a beauty, when done. Does it currently run and drive? Good luck with it Dan.

Does not run at the moment ,have to chk it out. Supposedly it got hot on the drive out and was parked from there. Kind of a rescue buy , it might have headed to scrape. Have $1400 in it. No real plans at the moment and probably not in the near future. Anybody interested in it can have it at that price. If you can do some of the work it might be worth it but if you have to have the work done probably not. :eek:

Does not run at the moment ,have to chk it out. Supposedly it got hot on the drive out and was parked from there. Kind of a rescue buy , it might have headed to scrape. Have $1400 in it. No real plans at the moment and probably not in the near future. Anybody interested in it can have it at that price. If you can do some of the work it might be worth it but if you have to have the work done probably not. :eek:

Those 455s are a nice strong and smooth running engine. Kathy Mattea even sang a song entitled "455 Rocket" back in the late 90s. Obviously, it is a project, but for $1400, it offers a good opportunity to anyone who can do some, or all of the work themselves. Although it will not be me, I see this car done in pure white, perhaps with some blue on it.

If it lived its life in Texas and Southern California, it should have a very solid, mostly rust-free body and floor. The photos make it look like it might have a rust issue with that right skirt, but fairly easily corrected. Well worth the price!

C-B's body tag says combination! It, obviously, was not originally orange & white then. The blue interior would have really been odd if it were originally orange & white. The color combo that it is now would be a good color combination.

I'm always up for a (definitive) correction.

There was evidence of orange and white paint under the black and silver. I suspect this car had C/B torpedo lights on the corners. IIRC, there was the standard center cab headliner zipper, as well.

That, and...owner (the late) Donnie Henderson told me it used to be an ambulance.

C-B's body tag says combination! It, obviously, was not originally orange & white then. The blue interior would have really been odd if it were originally orange & white.

I've seen several orange and white ambulances over the years with blue as well as orange, tan, brown, and maroon interiors.

I've seen several orange and white ambulances over the years with blue as well as orange, tan, brown, and maroon interiors.

You, Can see orange and white under the skirts area and on the left door the orange looks like the first coat of paint.

Attachments

• 20171028_120715.jpg
    20171028_120715.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 133
So, what does the "S-Comb." designate? I do know what "Comb." means, but the "S"?? Could it be special order?

Also, can anyone decipher the paint code?

Trade

Now if I just had something Dan wanted:rolleyes:

I,ll trade you 2 for one.:) And I have everything for the other one to make a combo ,including the removable panels.

Attachments

• 20171013_150916.jpg
    20171013_150916.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 20171013_150953.jpg
    20171013_150953.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 20171026_161921.jpg
    20171026_161921.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 119
Wait a minute! You are willing to trade your Cottington limo style end-loader and this Seville limo for Ed's Seville Landau combination??

carrots dangling and no more room at the in but it would make a nice stable had I not let my 72 high top go. of course there is that one rotting away in the yard in WY and I have all the parts laying in the trailer:rolleyes:

but there is no doubt it was painted orange before it was silver. not a lot of difference in the floor plan on the Seville. here is one from a 72 Wayne flier and the body tag off my 72 combo to give you a idea how they lettered there tags. having never see a Seville ambulance to check they may be all listed as combos. you do see the linen cabinet in this flier and the trap door

as for the difference in the guaranies the Washington 21 was a single level I had not heard of the send it in and they would refurbish it into the 54 but it stands to reason they offered it and Nick has done his research. here is a pictures of a Washington 21

Attachments

• 1972 Wayne ambulance book 11.jpg
    1972 Wayne ambulance book 11.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 1972 seville landow combination tag.jpg
    1972 seville landow combination tag.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 103
  • washington #21 klevi.jpg
    washington #21 klevi.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 103
Just because there is orange paint beneath the silver paint does not mean that it was originally orange. Some of these rigs had multiple color changes in their lives. It may have been originally silver, changed to orange, and then changed back to silver! The only quick way to tell is to decipher the color code on C-B's body tag.

Back