Classy Cadillacs

Fantastic 100% untouched original black crinkle over navy 42k mile '65 Superior Sovereign limo style combination trading hands from FH that purchased new to a PCS site member and FD. Took me awhile to find a perfect fit for this coach. The new home that has surfaced was worth the wait! Plans include only minor detail items, leaving original, before once again returning to service.

If/when more info is released will be up to new owner.

14793311650_d592d77f6f_b.jpg

Recently discovered that the famous 1975 Superior high top ambulance owned by Aubin funeral home of Chicoutimi, Quebec as actually a Criterion.

I was told by a retired paramedic they bought their ambulance at the same place J. Bouchard & Fils of Quebec city (a 1975 Superior) and they were identical .

Ok, the pic I receive is a print... of a print... of a scan... of an old scratched photo but I almost lost my mind, a late Criterion in the province, used in my rural home town... wow. I always tought back in 1976 everybody were buying from the growing Demers shop!

Picture is from december 1976. Note today's yellow provincial color

Got to add this to the Criterion file.

A late model Federal used at the funeral of a friend yesterday. Pearlescent White with a white vinyl roof, very classy looking. I like it (except for the shark fin phone antenna on the roof).

Hartzler Funeral Home, Libertytown, MD.

Attachments

• 20140901122758 - Copy.jpg
    20140901122758 - Copy.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 658
1996 S&S Masterpiece

I just purchased this '96 S&S Masterpiece yesterday afternoon at Great Country Motors in Mason City, IA. 78,000 mile coach. Jeff Hansen is a great guy to deal with!

Attachments

• 1996 Masterpiec 2.jpg
    1996 Masterpiec 2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 504
  • 1996 Masterpiece 1.jpg
    1996 Masterpiece 1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 501
Recently retired from service with Dougherty Funeral Home in Hibbing, MN.

Nice acquisition, Kurt!

:applause:

Tony,
Do you know where it served prior to Hibbing? Also, how long did the Dougherty F.H. own it?

I sure wish they had not painted it gold. I like gold, but that aweful blue interioir would have looked much better with the original Platinum & Black exterior! Oh well, at lest they did a nice job with the color change.

A couple that floated across Facebook in recent days:

Highland Park, NJ, First Aid Squad, with '57 and '59 S&S ambulances.

A '74 M-M Lifeliner from Shore Ambulance and Transport, Centreville, MD. It was for sale back when the Camaro across the street was new. Don't bother calling now. (John Floyd III photo)

Attachments

• 10647073_10203035885563545_1480391051139904024_n.jpg
    10647073_10203035885563545_1480391051139904024_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 466
  • 74MMCadLifeShoreAmbCentrevilleMD.jpg
    74MMCadLifeShoreAmbCentrevilleMD.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 464
Tony,
Do you know where it served prior to Hibbing? Also, how long did the Dougherty F.H. own it?

I sure wish they had not painted it gold. I like gold, but that aweful blue interioir would have looked much better with the original Platinum & Black exterior! Oh well, at lest they did a nice job with the color change.

I would have to agree there. That gold is nice but the blue is nasty. You need to straighten the rest of the drapes, I did it to the driver side so I could get a better pic, but didn't have a chance to do the rest of them. I do not know how a funeral home could run them that far off, just makes them look like they do not pay attention to details.

A late model Federal used at the funeral of a friend yesterday. Pearlescent White with a white vinyl roof, very classy looking. I like it (except for the shark fin phone antenna on the roof).

Hartzler Funeral Home, Libertytown, MD.

Is Great County Motors a company that routinely buys and sells late model hearses like Doug Scott here in the LA Area?

Great Country Motors is the Accubuilt (S&S, Superior) dealer for the midwest region covering; Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, and North Dakota.

I would have to agree there. That gold is nice but the blue is nasty. You need to straighten the rest of the drapes, I did it to the driver side so I could get a better pic, but didn't have a chance to do the rest of them. I do not know how a funeral home could run them that far off, just makes them look like they do not pay attention to details.

John,
The drapes have already been straightened and I don't even have it home yet! Lol!

John,
The drapes have already been straightened and I don't even have it home yet! Lol!

Good job! Crooked drapes bug me just as much as landau bars on the wrong sides or people saying Ghostbusters hurst.
I just wish I could have got the true color to come out, I see your camera took it at about the same shade as mine. It is a much nicer gold in person.

Tony,

Dougherty's bought this car used from Paul Holmberg / Premier Coach Sales sometime around 2000-2002. They traded a 1988 Eagle Mercury hearse that they'd bought brand new for this Masterpiece. Paul got this car through Pfund Superior Sales in Bridgeville, PA. This was one of a large fleet of Masterpieces ordered new for a livery service in Pennsylvania.

When Dougherty's bought this hearse, it was black over silver to match their fleet color. They later changed their fleet color (mid-2000's by my recollection) and has this car, along with a 1995 Eureka at a branch location, was painted gold.

Here's a photo taken about a year ago...

(Karsnia photo)

Attachments

• dougherty.jpg
    dougherty.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 650
Dougherty's bought this car used from Paul Holmberg / Premier Coach Sales sometime around 2000-2002. They traded a 1988 Eagle Mercury hearse that they'd bought brand new for this Masterpiece. Paul got this car through Pfund Superior Sales in Bridgeville, PA. This was one of a large fleet of Masterpieces ordered new for a livery service in Pennsylvania.

When Dougherty's bought this hearse, it was black over silver to match their fleet color. They later changed their fleet color (mid-2000's by my recollection) and has this car, along with a 1995 Eureka at a branch location, was painted gold.

Here's a photo taken about a year ago...

(Karsnia photo)

AAARRRGGGG Even the drapes were way off in that picture. I also never understood why they put the light like that, but given the drapes I shouldn't be surprised.

I guess that the light on the hood explains the scratches in that spot on the hood. At least they did not permanently attach the light to the coach's roof!! You can tell by the car's interior that they were not "neat freaks" by any stretch of the imagination!

I guess that the light on the hood explains the scratches in that spot on the hood. At least they did not permanently attach the light to the coach's roof!! You can tell by the car's interior that they were not "neat freaks" by any stretch of the imagination!

Yeah, the interior was quite dirty. I would be embarrassed to even have my winter driver be that dirty inside, I couldn't even imagine what kind of impression that the family must of had.

Kurt; Congrats on your new coach I have a green one and am pleased best driving pro car I have ever owned. Sails down the road and gets 19 mpg. The drapes self adjust on mine. Require triply realignment just part of the territory. Make sure you clean door drain holes and take door panels off and spray white grease on ALL window sliders saves big time roller replacement. A transmission oil and filter change a good idea to.Good luck with the coach.

Back