Wanna go for a ride?

Great video Tony-congratulations on a successful maiden voyage! :clap: No doubt sea trials and fitting out will soon follow. Unlike new ships, top speed trials might not be a good idea. I've enjoyed having my '75 M-M combination out and about a bit this weekend. It was similarly on fumes when I picked it up from the body shop in late June. She'd run out of gas on Gordy when he was jockeying around his yard and he knew there probably wasn't much left of the couple of gallons he'd put in.

Beautiful car you got there Tony, looks great even in it's present "rough" state. Should look real fine when you get done with it. Congratulations!!!

Thanks! I received the first set of photos of this car in May, 1997 when it was still at an ambulance service in Idaho. Took 13 years for them to part with it, but my patience did prevail. The husband / wife couple that heads up the ambulance service are very pleased that I am restoring and preserving the car. They even want to make a trip out to Minnesota to see it when completed!

Awesome car! It is always a rush the first time you drive a car that has been lay ed up for a long time. I don,t think I have to tell you how partial I am to M&M 48s. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. Great save!

Great videos, and a beautiful car thanks for sharing with us Tony. Even small trips with these cars are exciting and unpredictable.

Idaho?

Thanks! I received the first set of photos of this car in May, 1997 when it was still at an ambulance service in Idaho. Took 13 years for them to part with it, but my patience did prevail. The husband / wife couple that heads up the ambulance service are very pleased that I am restoring and preserving the car. They even want to make a trip out to Minnesota to see it when completed!

Tony: Just out of curiousity.... where was it in service in Idaho?..... were they the original owners? THX-MM

History

Our '68 was delivered new to the Willamette Ambulance Service in Salem, Oregon, then went on to Jerue Funeral Home in Cheney, Washington. We bought it from the ambulance service in the very small community of Worley, Idaho where it had been since 1990. Along with the rig, we got the log book that actually documents ambulance calls it was used on until 1995!

The original color was red & white. We figure it was painted orange when sold to Jerue Funeral Home.

Back