Bad computer problem day...

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
First off, my computer bit the dust early this morning, and I am having difficulty with email. Please don't send me anything and use the PM box for communications....

Second...... I asked Dan Herrick to take care of the website, but the called and told me that his internet connection was down..

Third... John Ehrmer had his email account hacked, and the hacker is sending everyone on his email address messages that John is in England and needs to borrow money.. Since John is in Pittsburgh and fielding all the calls from his friends saying what is going on, please don't send money to anyone on Johns behalf. If you feel generous, then send it to him at his home address, or you can become a Site Supporter or a PCS Member... (a shameless attempt at humor)...

thanks Paul

Scott, sorry that you were left out. Here it is for you and anyone else that did not receive it...

This had to come in a hurry and it has left me in a devastating state. I am in some terrible situation and I'm really going to need your urgent help. Yesterday, unannounced, I came down to London for something urgent. Well we actually got robbed in the Hotel I booked in and they made away with my wallet (which included my cash, diaries and credit cards). My cell phones were not brought along since I did not get to roam them before coming over. The phone cables have been burnt including internet connection cables and the Hotel's database has been compromised as well. So all I can do now is pay cash and get out of here quickly.

I do not want to make a scene of this which is why I did not call the office or my house, this is embarrassing enough. Please I want you to lend me a sum of £1,670, just to clear my Hotel bills and get the next plane home. The Consulate only cleared me of my traveling documents and ticketing since I came in as a tourist and not on official purpose. Please be rest assured that I'd have your money reimbursed to you immediately I get home. Please you can have it sent via Western union money transfer to my name and on this address right here.

Name: John Ehmer
Address: Old Shire Lane , Waltham Abbey, Essex
City : London
ZIP Code: EN9 3LX

Thank you so much, please as soon as you are done sending me the money, I need you to help me write out the Mtcn details giving to you by the Western union agent or better still help me scan a copy of the receipt.

John.

anyone that knows John would know he would contact Jon and Debera or any other number of people in the PCS in the UK. it is nice to belong to a world wide group

John Ehrmer had his email account hacked, and the hacker is sending everyone on his email address messages that John is in England and needs to borrow money.. Since John is in Pittsburgh and fielding all the calls from his friends saying what is going on, please don't send money to anyone on Johns behalf. If you feel generous, then send it to him at his home address, or you can become a Site Supporter or a PCS Member... (a shameless attempt at humor)...
thanks Paul

I knew right away when I got the email yesterday it sounded very fishy.

I had been trying to figure out who John Ehrmer was...but it now appears it was just Paul's spelling abilities...:p

Just to show how things spread... and fast There's already been several warnings about that urgent need posted on my other web home Tow411. And they keep saying if it isn't from one you know don't open it.

Same with most of cell phone carrier's sprint nextel, at&t ,verizon etc have the same warning's on there website's there calling it a phishing or smishing scheme there both i.d theft the first is like that email the second is a text message that look ligit but are equally harmful.

Back