1957 GMC Ambulance up for sale - Central Ohio

I am putting the ambulance up for sale here before trying Ebay or Craigslist. Most of the information about it can be found on a web page I created at this link:

http://www.auto-mosaics.com/gmc/

Regarding the ad, it mentions removing the sirens and air suspension. I have chosen to include the sirens in the sale, but if that's not your cup of tea I will deduct $500 from the purchase price and reinstall the factory bumper and bumper bullets. I will also leave the air suspension if desired, or reinstall the leaf springs and coils that came with it.

Asking price is $14,500 with the air suspension, $13,500 without. No additional charge for labor. If you buy it with the air suspension, I will include the factory parts. Same for the sirens.

It is in basically the same condition as it appeared in Hudson last summer at the PCS meet, if you happened to see it there. Any questions, please ask. You can contact me through PM or at tmerrifield@mailshack.com . Email is easier for me to respond to. Phone calls are hit-or-miss, so I would prefer email.

I would much prefer a cash sale, but MAY consider a trade up to half of my asking price, either a 60-69 hearse/ambulance, possibly a daily driver car or truck, or I might consider a motorcycle. Not really interested in even trades.

If you are not a PCS member, I would prefer a local sale, but if you absolutely have to have it and want it shipped please understand that once it leaves my property, it is yours and your responsibility. If this is not acceptible to you, kindly look elsewhere for your new vehicle. I am a strong advocate of face-to-face deals, and having a buyer know what they are getting before a deal is made.

Thanks for looking!

mainpic.jpg

Additional information:

-It is being sold with the wheels and tires pictured. The wheels are 5 on 5 bolt pattern, and the hubcaps are held on with special adapters that I made.

-The sirens are actually B&M S8's that are mocked up to look like Super Chiefs. The hard work is done on the installation, and they work and the vehicle can be driven with them, but they still need more finish work to bring them to the level of everything else. Both sirens could stand to be rebuilt. The bumper that was cut up is aftermarket.

-If you have deep enough pockets, the vehicle can be driven. I estimate it gets around 10 MPG. Maybe a little better on the highway, but probably not much. It handled the trip to Hudson with no problems (@300 miles).

-It comes with everything pictured inside, gurney, oxygen tank and holder, suction, etc.

-Passenger seat swivels around to become attendant seat.

-The heater core leaks and has been bypassed.

-It no longer has "the mother of all trailer hitches". In fact, it may get slightly better gas mileage now that it is gone.

-Mileage is unknown, but from what the previous owner told me I estimate the vehicle has around 110K, and the engine probably less than 10K.

Todd, sorry to hear that you're selling. Would you like me to advertise it in the issue of the Ohio chapter newsletter that's coming out later this month?

Back