Lima Commercial Coach.

the next generation

Hearses based on a Suburban looks better to me than those van type things in other postings. Please note: I did not say I like the Suburban hearse either. It strikes me as the lesser of 2 poor choices. Sure hope they have some way of lowering the back for loading.
It isn't like we have not seen a Suburban based first call or ambulance before.
Guess I may have to make a trip to Lima for a better look. Not soon maybe but yes, a report would follow any visit. Maybe we could make this a Chapter visit thing.
Mik61 M-M:myopinion:

I'm like you Mike on a Suburban/Yukon conversion, although I'm not a fan of these but if it came down to it I would if it were my only choice. But I couldn't do that other thing at all! Here's one that Ambulance and Funeral coach Sales are doing in Nashville. And yes, there very nicely done units to. You can see more of it at www.amb-coach.com.

Attachments

• Amb-Coach Conversion.jpg
    Amb-Coach Conversion.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 580
my problem is they try to make it look tough, rugged all that. the glass cap and rear doors are OK except they have to do the lift thing with the end gate. the taillights are way to big and the grills is just right for a sport truck and the wheels also. see the chrome tip dual exhaust and your mind thinks the low throaty rumble of a hoped up V8. all it's missing the running boards. looks good inside and the tail stretch is not to long that's good . :shit5: it misses the dignified by just this much. that is what most of us expect in a hearse. this one belongs in the hot rod crowd. take the bars off and you could go to the rally with it.

Its not classy or dignified looking at all. the grille looks cheep, whitch in my opinion throes the whole look off, and makes the whole thing look cheep. I do think there on the right track, but it needs work. It needs a little more class. I will say, its better than a mini ban, but not much better.:my2cents:

Josh

Back