Toronto man injured by freak accident..

Wayne Krakowski

PCS Member
Darren or anyone Toronto way,just caught part of news on CP24,man working on vintage cadillac ambulance in his laneway,car came down the street jumped the curb,crashing into the ambulance,and pinning the owner beneath it,has anyone heard anything about it? fingers crossed and prayers in motion hoping he is okay....

It was Friday (yesterday) the story came on, with the story of the body found in the front yard of a toronto neighborhood,they added "a short time later a freak accident occured in the area "and led into the story,I personally did not recognize the car,appears to be a cadillac hi headroom,red and white,with a full bar light on top,Q-siren on the front roof section,sadly I have been scouring the site for updates but none as of yet,I believe it was in the Coxwell st or rd area of toronto,If I learn more am sure to post.

It was Friday (yesterday) the story came on, with the story of the body found in the front yard of a toronto neighborhood,they added "a short time later a freak accident occured in the area "and led into the story,I personally did not recognize the car,appears to be a cadillac hi headroom,red and white,with a full bar light on top,Q-siren on the front roof section,sadly I have been scouring the site for updates but none as of yet,I believe it was in the Coxwell st or rd area of toronto,If I learn more am sure to post.

That has to be PCS member David Stein. He lives on Coxwell and just received his 76 this week. The car is Red & White and has a Twin Sonic full size lightbar on the car. I have been calling his house this morning, but no answer. I'll keep on trying to reach him or his sister.

That has to be PCS member David Stein. He lives on Coxwell and just received his 76 this week. The car is Red & White and has a Twin Sonic full size lightbar on the car. I have been calling his house this morning, but no answer. I'll keep on trying to reach him or his sister.

That's what I was thinking; he bought one of the old Central cars. He called me last week to ask some questions about it.

I did a computer search last evening when this was first posted, and couldn't find anything. Lets hope and pray that he was not badly injured.

more
news
Man Rushed To Hospital After Car Collapses On Top Of Him
Toronto/Am640 news

4/13/2012

A man in his 60's has been rushed to hospital after a car he was working on a car in his driveway fell on top of him.

The car was up on jacks when it was struck by another vehicle that caused it to fall.

He was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries.

The incident happened in the Coxwell Drive and Mortimer Avenue area.

Update

I just spoke with Dave’s sister. He is in the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and is expected to make a full recovery. He is now in the trauma unit, but will be transferred to step down soon.

She was not at home when the accident occurred, but as far as she knows, a car driven by a female somehow lost control, jumped the curb and collided with the front end of the car. I believe that Dave was working under the car and that the car may have been on jacks and fell on top of Dave. A neighbor saw the accident, rushed over and jacked the car back up and provided first aid until the arrival of EMS.

She said that the car sustained damage to the fender, front grill and that the windshield was broken. Understandably enough, she did not have time to look at the care in great details as she rushed to the hospital soon after getting home. I also passed your wishes for a prompt recovery along to Dave’s sister.

I will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Great news to know that his injuries are not life threatening. Anytime a car falls on someone, it is not good, and sometimes the results are disastrous. Good thing that his neighbor was there to get the car off of him quickly. Please keep us posted, and give him our best wishes for a speedy recovery..
Paul

My prayers are with him, I spoke with Dave this spring about my project and parts, he's a good and kind man, wish he will recover soon !

one of those things you think about when your working under a car. but to have some one leave the road and knock it down. will maybe it's a good think he was under it not in front of it. pass one our get wills to for us please and let us know if we can be of any help getting parts rounded up for the gal to buy.

I just read this thread now. Saturday night at 11:30pm Toronto time.

I was at a hearse club BBQ last night (Friday the 13th) and have not heard anything about this.

The meet was at Jones and Danforth, very close to were this happened.

I had to do some entertaining at a downtown Toronto nightclub for a 4th anniversary party of the club. I didn't leave the night club until about 2am.

I was at Diggers place helping her do a interlocking padio so I haven't listened to the news or radio all day.

I will see what I can find out and post here.

Thanks for the info but hope it doesn't turn out to be bad news.

Darren

Prayers for Dave

This is my worst PCS nightmare. Although this is certainly a freak accident, it illustrates how important it is for us to exercise every possible means of safety and caution when working on our cars. Be sure your jack stands are rated to support the weight of (at least the front) of your car. I tend to keep the lift or bottle jacks installed beneath a car even if it's resting on jack stands. Words cannot express my relief that Dave will recover. Special prayers are coming his way! Tom

Back