(SL collection)

Attachments

• Plano IL.jpg
    Plano IL.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 933
  • Nunda NY 73 SP 51_001.jpg
    Nunda NY 73 SP 51_001.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 915
Steve, on the Nunda N.Y. 73 Superior 51" pontiac was it common for dual tunnel lights on the front of the roof ? if i'm refering to them by the correct name.

A few more Pontiacs

'58 Superior - Veterans-Prince Ambulance, Winnipeg, Manitoba
'68 Superior Consort - Knoxville Raceway, Knoxville, IA
'69 Superior - Ringdahl Ambulance, Fergus Falls, MN. Besides running an ambulance service, John Ringdahl was also an ambulance distributor, and also did some of his own van conversions. He always had many interesting trades on his lot, and had a genuine interest in pro cars.

Attachments

• VP Pontiac001.jpg
    VP Pontiac001.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 939
  • Pontiac003.jpg
    Pontiac003.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 892
  • Pontiac005.jpg
    Pontiac005.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 907
Still more Pontiacs

'63 Superior, military conversion - Ringdahl Ambulance, formerly Tracy, MN. Note '57 Superior Pontiac to the left of it, also probably a military model.

'64 Superior Consort - Ringdahl Ambulance, formerly City of Hawley, MN.

'61 Memphis Coach, also a military model - Ringdahl Ambulance.

Attachments

• Pontiac004.jpg
    Pontiac004.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 863
  • Pontiac006.jpg
    Pontiac006.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 851
  • Pontiac007.jpg
    Pontiac007.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 872
On the left in the third photo? It's a '58 Memphis DeSoto, like Blackie's '57 but green and different trim. I'll post a photo of it in the Mopars to keep this thread on the topic of Pontiacs.

A few more

'60 Superior military model - Rio Rancho FD, Rio Rancho, NM.

57 Superior military model - Ringdahl, Fergus Falls, MN.

'58 Superior - Banff, Alberta

Attachments

• Pontiac010.jpg
    Pontiac010.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 774
  • Pontiac011.jpg
    Pontiac011.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 787
  • Pontiac019.jpg
    Pontiac019.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 785
these in service and just out are a wealth of information. just the different configuration of lights in so neat. who would have thouhg when they wer taken that this might be the only record of them.

But wait.....there's more!

'69 LWB low headroom - Metro Ambulance, Winnipeg, Manitoba

'70 Consort - Ace Ambulance, Peoria, IL

'66 Consort Landau - Fargo-Moorhead Ambulance, Moorhead, MN

Attachments

• Pontiac012.jpg
    Pontiac012.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,264
  • Pontiac021.jpg
    Pontiac021.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,322
  • Pontiac022.jpg
    Pontiac022.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,338
'63 Superior, military conversion - Ringdahl Ambulance, formerly Tracy, MN. Note '57 Superior Pontiac to the left of it, also probably a military model.

'64 Superior Consort - Ringdahl Ambulance, formerly City of Hawley, MN.

'61 Memphis Coach, also a military model - Ringdahl Ambulance.

Thank you so much for posting the picture of that Tracy, MN ambulance! My mom grew up in Tracy, and my grandparents still live there. The pastor of their church, Homer Dobson, used to drive this ambulance. Growing up, I never knew this until I got my EMT certification 6 years ago. Homer has long since retired from the church and the ambulance service. But, every time I see him I try to get a little more information about when he used to run calls. He said that he never lost a patient, but he did alot of fast driving! When Homer would talk about the Pontiac, I just had my imagination to go off of. Now I have a picture to look at! Thank you again, this made my month!
Kurt

This is a Pontiac Ambulance that was at the Back to the Fifties car show at the
Minnesota State Fair Grounds last June. I don't know any history on the car, but maybe its owned by a PCS member.
Kurt

pontamb.jpg

pontamb2.jpg

66 Consort

Last I knew, that '66 Consort from F-M Ambulance still existed and was parked near my hometown of Detroit Lakes, MN. It has been sitting in the same outdoor location for over 20 years. I'll see if I can get some current pics next time I'm up that way.

Please see a follow up to Kurt's Tracy Ambulance comments in the "Classy Cadillacs" forum.

Back