Why I like Eurekas

Tom Hoczyk

PCS Past President
People often ask me how it is I got into liking hearses. The '50 Eureka landau below is the first car, as a very young kid in Connecticut, that turned my head and I thought it was the coolest thing on 4 wheels. I wasn't even old enough to drive when I first saw it, but ultimately got my license and was able to drive without my parents to see it up close. I never got the visual of the styling out of my head, and always wanted one just like it. Sadly, it's now a soup can. Fortunately, I was able to obtain my '54, which is basically the same style, and I love it.

Attachments

• 50_Eur_Landau_001.jpg
    50_Eur_Landau_001.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 50_Eur_Landau_002.jpg
    50_Eur_Landau_002.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 231
The Eurekas of the 1950's were damn good looking cars..
I love this guys logo on the back. "Have a bast before you die"

That's classic ...:071:

Good tast!
The first one (not counting the Ecto) that i saw was in 1986 when I was 12. It was a 49 Eureka Landau combo. I fell in love instantly and knew I had to own one. I bought it when I was 16. Now its owned by someone you know. Not to hijack your thread too much here is the full story about mine http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1533&highlight=1949+eureka
Those Eurekas sure had some great lines, you have very good tast in pro cars my friend!

Back