Wanted Brake Drum source for 62 Limo

James Fischer

PCS Member
I am trying to help a local shop find a source for 1962 CC limo brake drums.

They have tried the "ones that should fit" but found that they would need an aweful lot of machining to work and they prefer not to go that route.

They can be new or used...as long as they are in good condition.

Any help much appreciated !

I'm not sure of its specific application, but I have a GM NOS brake drum in its original GM box. The part # is 9794455. I do know that it was purchased, but never used for a CC, either an Olds or Pontiac. I did some research on this part # a while back, and it showed it as a brake drum for "P/8 Taxi, Police, HDC," used on '65 Pontiac and Checker. But it was ordered for a '72-75 CC, so this # may have spanned several years and makes.

If this info lines up with what you might be looking for, I can take some measurements/photos.

Do you need front or rear.... they are different, because of the hub and studs. Limo's use a different rear than the commercial cars in 1962.

Paul,from what I understand the shop is looking for both front and rear....new or used...
I dont have much first hand knowlege of the limo.
Its the same shop where I take my ambulance to,and they thought I might have some information as to part sources,or yards where the owner of the limo could look....:)

Back