The sun came out today so did the cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sun returned to Washington today pulled out the two cars and gave them a bath and took the limo up to the tire store to order two new tires. I put the old tires on the hearse this winter off the limo and put the good tires on the limo that were on the hearse so I could drive the limo around while the restoation goes on and the old tires on the hearse. The side walls blew out just sitting their in the garage on the old tires from the weight of the hearse.:eek: My good tires are two regular 15" white walls and two Cooper life liner classics hevey duty.My tire guy did not think they still make the coopers any more so he was going to look at different line if he could not find the coopers any more I told him to make sure that he can get six altogether of the brand he finds. He is a great guy they have supplied me with free junk tires for the car when I first got it because the car did not have tires when I got it from the wrecking yard.

Glad to hear that you are making progress in the restoration process. It takes a lot of work to get these cars roadworthy, and knowing the history of your car, means that it has to be a monumental task. It is only your love of these cars that brings them back from the brink of extinction.
I am a fan of the Kelly Tire since having put a set of them on my 1963 Chrysler ambulance. The good thing about Kelly Tire, is that it is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Goodyear Tire Company. The tires that I chose are the Kelly Navigator Gold XL (extra load) in 235/75/15 white wall. Here is a link to the Kelly Tire Company. click here

got them out, put them away, got them out again, put them away again. but the good news is everything started with out a problem once again I have to thanks the used of a little sea foam in the gas the last time they were shut off. that stuff works.

snow tires came off

stopped by the tire store today and had my studs taken off the mini van and had new tires put on anther truck and forgot to ask if they ordered the tires for the limo better remind them, I have a vibration at low speeds with the limo I am hoping that a wheel is out of balance or a bent rim I have extras.
I needed to have a drive line built for the car I only had the rear drive line and I hope I don't have to take it back to get rebalanced. I have a mixture of the riveted rims from the hearse on the limo so when the new tires come in I will to run both cars to the tire store and get the right rims on the back on the right car after a year of switching tire between cars

they did a rather Hodge Podge of rims on them . my 72 has the 3 rivet rims most of us are familiar with. when I got the 72 Seville I expected the same. they are 1 rivet welded rims?? 5 of them with the spare still the 890 bise ply.
not as heavy a car so the used a lighter rim on it. no wounder GM is in trouble. they make to much stuff. by the time the 89 6 door came along they are the standard welded wheel. you would think they would have one standard rim with different off sets and one heavy duty rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back