80s Eureka rwd door glass

The high, commercial-type rear side door glass as well as the loading door glass for all Toronto-built RWD Eurekas from 1981 through 1989 as well as the Norwalk cars through 1992 was the same no matter the chassis - Cadillac, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile or Chevrolet. Originally, this Eureka glass was made using the same manufacturer and tooling employed for 1977-1979 Miller-Meteor funeral cars. So...presumably 77-79 Miller-Meteor glass would fit as well.

The high, commercial-type rear side door glass as well as the loading door glass for all Toronto-built RWD Eurekas from 1981 through 1989 as well as the Norwalk cars through 1992 was the same no matter the chassis - Cadillac, Pontiac, Buick, Oldsmobile or Chevrolet. Originally, this Eureka glass was made using the same manufacturer and tooling employed for 1977-1979 Miller-Meteor funeral cars. So...presumably 77-79 Miller-Meteor glass would fit as well.

I knew the windshield was 77-79 M-M, but I never knew about the rest of the glass. I have a 85 Eureka Pontiac, so this info is very helpful, thanks Keith.

Isn't it also '85 and up glass that is needed, as mounting changed beneath waistline?

Everyone's favorite procar transporter Martin handled Nick's latest Eureka.

13313186994_1b83aab2d9_b.jpg

I knew the windshield was 77-79 M-M, but I never knew about the rest of the glass. I have a 85 Eureka Pontiac, so this info is very helpful, thanks Keith.

Those windshields are not Miller-Meteor. They were the windshields made for and installed by Cadillac on all 1977-1984 commercial chassis. Miller-Meteor, Superior and S&S all used the same commercial windshields at the time. As such, this was a readily available component that can (or colud be replaced) in the aftermarket through a glass supplier. Now, when Cadillac ceased production of the commercial chassis with the special cowl that included the "commercial windshield" the windshields on the FWD Superior, S&S and Eureka vehicles were all custom made for each manufacturer to their specifications - as was the side door and loading door glass. While S&S and Superior commercial glass for these FWD cars may be the same, that used by Eureka was proprietary and used only by, for and on Eureka products.

Windshield is not just 77-79 Miller Meteor, it would be standard Commercial glass windshield from all 77-mid 80s commercial glass coaches

Those windshields are not Miller-Meteor. They were the windshields made for and installed by Cadillac on all 1977-1984 commercial chassis. Miller-Meteor, Superior and S&S all used the same commercial windshields at the time. As such, this was a readily available component that can (or colud be replaced) in the aftermarket through a glass supplier. Now, when Cadillac ceased production of the commercial chassis with the special cowl that included the "commercial windshield" the windshields on the FWD Superior, S&S and Eureka vehicles were all custom made for each manufacturer to their specifications - as was the side door and loading door glass. While S&S and Superior commercial glass for these FWD cars may be the same, that used by Eureka was proprietary and used only by, for and on Eureka products.

I know all about the post 84 models. I also know that the CC windshields are the same from 77-84, I just said M-M because when I talked to Tom about my Pontiac years ago he said to get one from a 77-79 M-M. No idea why he said it that way, maybe because we were next to one at the time, or he was referring to the side or back glass.

I would check the rear side window to make sure. It looks like my Eureka Pontiac windows have more of a back slant than the Eureka Cadillacs. I don't know why he would have glass made just for the small Pontiac run, but I would double check

At some point, and I don't remember exactly when, GM switched to taper-drive regulators for the power windows. This change required a modification to the front door glass and the tooling of these window panes were altred by the glass maker to accommodate the changes GM had made. Once again, all side door and rear loading door glass was the same - no matter what chassis the bodies were built on. The ability to use the same glass, A-pillars, B-pillars and windshields on Chevrolets, Cadillacs, Pontiacs, Buicks and Oldsmobiles is what enabled Eureka to offer buyers a selection of chassis and to economically build these cars at affordable prices. Like the various GM chassis that were used, under the skin, these coaches shared many structural components.

Keith, I looked at my Pontiac again, and the reason mine looks like it has more slant to it is because of the chrome trim is throwing off the visuals making it look more slanted. I agree, there is no reason to make glass just for a different GM brand, (which I mentioned), and I was NOT saying you were incorrect on your info, just that I would double check to make sure because it did not look the same, (because of the surround trim). Im sorry if you took it that I was disagreeing with you, Im just one of those measure 10 times, cut once kind of guys.
Im actually very grateful for your post about the window information, so if I ever need a side window I know what to get.

Keith,
Would the side door glass on the FWD Canadian built Eurekas interchange with all of the all of the RWD Eureka side door glass?

Kurt - No. Those used for the FWD cars were entirely different from what was used for the RWD cars. I believe that the FWD glass was made by Guardian while that for the RWD cars was from LOF. The patterns and angles were completely different and, the glass area seen on the Eureka FWD cars was increased substantially over that of the RWD cars.

Back