Whats it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
I have a good working Federal 28 siren that a guy in my local Lincoln Club is interested in for his 1958 Mercury CHP Patrol Car he is restoring. He asked me how much i want for it; i have no idea what its true value is, so i dont know what kind of a deal to make him. Any helpful suggestions?

100 bucks give or take. they can be found in working condition for that. but if it's has the chrome grill and is painted up nice? it's not like realestate but condition, condition does rule.

whats it worth

Parts are like the rest of the car hobby. What are you willing to sell it for and what is the buyer willing to pay? I just got a under the hood mount Federal siren from a club member for twenty bucks. Yes, it works. It was exactly what I wanted and he named the price. But like I said, he is a club member and was being very helpful. In fact several members got a siren from this fellow. Not all were as cheap as mine but all worked and all were bargain priced.

Isn't that what being here is all about? Helping each other when we can?
Mike

Rick,

I would sugest you do a search on eBay to find out how much the same or similar units sold for. That would give you the curent market price.

Parts are like the rest of the car hobby. What are you willing to sell it for and what is the buyer willing to pay? I just got a under the hood mount Federal siren from a club member for twenty bucks. Yes, it works. It was exactly what I wanted and he named the price. But like I said, he is a club member and was being very helpful. In fact several members got a siren from this fellow. Not all were as cheap as mine but all worked and all were bargain priced.

Isn't that what being here is all about? Helping each other when we can?
Mike

it does NOT have the chrome grill but it IS painted up nice. Yes, Mike, thats what i want to do is help this guy out. Knowing a ball park park figure helps me decide how "nice" to be to him

lot of difference between a bargain price and fair market value. supply and demand state if I have 10 and don't need any I sell cheap to get rid of them so people that don't really want or need one will take it off my hands. nothing but nothing beats a good buddy price. but what is a fair price to pay for a 28 if your were buying one because you wanted one from a vendor at a flee market. I'll still stand by my 100 give or take depending on appearance for a working 28. ;) 20 would be the really good buddy deal.

Federal 28

The Federal model 28 siren never did come from the factory with a chromed grille. That would be incorrect for this siren. They were painted in hammer tone gray finish except those made for the military.
John Dorgan

I thought that one I saw was kind of funny that way. but John what's a middle of the road price at a flee market for one?? or is there one. we are not talking restored just a working one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back