Where are they now?

Never questioned what coach builder I was told about it before John... Well done. Memphian roof and rear door contours match, as does rear loading door glass. Only item that doesn't match fully is having exposed door hinges.

Syncing photos between old computers reminded me of this '52 Chrysler (Saratoga based?) ambulance for sale in '00 for $6500.

52chrysler.jpg

I remember this one!

59mm25.jpg

Memory Lane in Phoenix, AZ had this '59 MM Futura combination for sale in April, '97. I distinctly recall it being advertised for many months in Hemmings - probably because of an exorbitant price ($7500?). It was missing both the windshield and rear loading door glass. Rest of removed parts were present.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was bastardized into an Ecto, explaining 'camouflage' if it indeed has surfaced since.

I rememmber seeing an ad in Old Car Trader in the 90's with THIS car! It was advertised as the actual car that the Ghostbuster Ecto-1 was molded from... don't know if that was true or not... I might still have the mag somewhere.. probably 96 or 97.:)

Amazing how a small cell phone pic zoomed from a distance through a fence can make one's day~

dsc04336bz.jpg

'37 S&S Byzantine Buick may not be for the faint of heart but it was under $2k. This picture was taken within the last 5 years. In the US! Person who shared this with me saved 35mm prints but accidentally threw out contact info. Certainly hope this wasn't scrapped...

Found yesterday! Nobody home. I'll have to wait until the weekend to learn out more. Convinced this is same coach. With any luck the price hasn't risen nor metal/wood deteriorated much more. And if it is not restorable, I'll proudly part it out and keep those cast panels.

37flxible3.jpg

Found yesterday! Nobody home. I'll have to wait until the weekend to learn out more. Convinced this is same coach. With any luck the price hasn't risen nor metal/wood deteriorated much more. And if it is not restorable, I'll proudly part it out and keep those cast panels.

From the shape of the arch and some of the visible details, I'd guess that this is the remnants of an A.J. Miller Art Model. Could be wrong but, that's what it appears to be.

Well, you got me there Atti. It is a 1937 S&S. Probably a Romaneque or Byzantine. In 1936 and 1937, most, if not all S&S professional cars were based on Buick chassis. Thanks. Neat photos.

'60 M-M Futura

I love the look of that '60 M-M Futura without the body side mouldings!! '60 Fleetwoods are one of my all-time favorite cars and the lack of mouldings on the futura give it that look. I LOVE '59 and '60 M-Ms, but really dis-like the body side mouldings that they used during those 2 years.

M-M
After realizing there are MANY cool coaches that have fallen off the radar stored in my computers and scrapbooks, time to give back a little. Maybe provide some inspiration for others to track down.

Vegas "about 10 years ago" - There are more coaches in background.

dsc04343o.jpg

dsc04342c.jpg

No idea who even sent me 35mm prints of this seemingly solid '60 Futura.

I'll try to space installments in this thread out while encouraging others to post 'lost' coaches too, after kicking it off.

In the mid-'80s below coach (right) sold out of Sandusky, OH for peanuts. It was eminently restorable and not rotted. Partition window molding tells us it was a Miller Meteor.

401822_10151596345183221_737545205_n.jpg

Late '80s 35mm print. Providing a slight twist to Where are they now?, rephrase to: What did this become? This one is still around.
So what did it become? Did it become an ambulance again or is it still a GB-wannabe?

Why do people insist on doing this to any old ambulance/hearse so they can have their very own GB car? Hotwheels makes a nice one if they really want one of their own. :rolleyes:

59mm25.jpg

Memory Lane in Phoenix, AZ had this '59 MM Futura combination for sale in April, '97. I distinctly recall it being advertised for many months in Hemmings - probably because of an exorbitant price ($7500?). It was missing both the windshield and rear loading door glass. Rest of removed parts were present.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was bastardized into an Ecto, explaining 'camouflage' if it indeed has surfaced since.

I remember, in 97, seeing this ad, and being bummed that a 59 hearse shell was 7500 bucks. That discouraged my from looking for a while.

Back