June 18-19 - Ohio PCS picnic & drive-in movies - Akron, OH

Sarah Snook

PCS Life Member
The 8th annual Ohio PCS procar picnic dinner and night at the drive-in will be on Saturday, June 18. Join us for procars, food and friends.

When: 4pm on June 18
Where: 3060 Kent Road, Silver Lake, Ohio 44224
What to bring: Chairs for yourselves and a side dish or dessert

We will provide hot dogs, buns, pop, water, plates, silverware and some condiments. If you want a hamburger, bring one and we can grill it for you.

Around 7pm, we will convoy to the Midway Drive-In movie theater on SR-59 in Ravenna where we will see a double feature. Movie choices will be announced the Tuesday before the meet. Admission to the movies is $16 per carload and there is a $5 food license that you need to purchase if you bring outside food to the movies. They have a great concession stand though, so it's easier to just get food while you are there.

If you're coming to the movies, bring a FM radio if you don't have a working one in your car. Bug spray is definitely a good idea too.

After the movies, feel free to camp in our yard. If camping isn't your deal, there are local hotels that we can suggest too.

The next morning (Sunday, June 19) some of us will be taking our cars to display at the Stan Hywet Father's Day car show. This is a huge car show (over 400 cars usually) brings out some of the nicest and most unique cars in Ohio. If you're interested in showing your car at Stan Hywet, let me know so we can coordinate that. If you'd like to just check out the car show, but not have your car in it, that's ok too. Admission to the show grounds for people without cars is usually around $10 or so. To enter your car in the show, it usually costs about $20 and it includes admission for the driver and a passenger too.

Interested in coming to any or all of the events? Private message me through the website to RSVP. When you RSVP, let me know how many people you're bringing, what side dish or dessert you'll bring, and which events you'll be attending.

Hope to see you there!!!
Sarah

Back