'75 Cornering Lamps

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
My cornering lamps are not working on either side on my '75 S&S. Was also having a spastic flasher issue which a new flasher corrected. Bulbs are good in cornering lamps on both sides and fuses are good. Any ideas??

Lights

The ground for the cornering lamps is the base of the bulb holder, this is pressed into the cornering light housing which is die cast. Turn the light on and run a wire from the bulb holder to a know ground. If it lights it is a ground problem. I have seen corrosion here from a bad lens seal and the bulb holder corrodes in the die cast, I have just soldered a ground wire to the bulb base and then to a know good ground. Could also be a bad turn signal switch but check the cornering light on with a test light first if it lights it is a bad ground.

You may just want to replace the bulb. I have seen where they look fine, but a small wire in the metal or plastic socket area has corroded and you may never see it.
Also try turning on your headlights and then try them. I have owned some years of Cadillacs that the cornering lights will only come on if the headlights are on.
Let us know what you find!

John was correct. Cornering lamps only work on my '75 when the headlights are on. I guess that would make perfect sense as there is no need for them when the headlights are off.

great when you find out what the features an how to work them. I had to stop in and ask why the transmission on my 13 doesn't do what the 10 did yesterday. the dealer had to look it up. turns out some on in a high office has decided that grade braking shift was to harsh and might scare some one so they made it softer and less usable so no one would be offended buy it. of course now it doesn't work as intended but no one but me is offended so that's OK. loved that ability to control the over drive car on a steep mountain grade with out standing on the brake. sorry I had to lose it can I have my 10 back?

Back