1961 Cadillac Eureka 3-way

Tim A. Fantin

PCS Life Member
I have this 61 Cadillac Eureka 3-way, it has 58,000 original miles. It is complete except for the table and the rear light sconces. The table was removed by the funeral home in the early 70's because they used it as a flower car. This car has a very interesting history. The car needs retoration and I do not have a title. It came from an estate some five years ago. It was last plated in 1981 so the DMV has no record on file. The car was last run in 1999. I put a battery in it and the starter cranks over fine. That is as far as I have went. I'm sure it will need the tank dropped and everything else. A car setting this long assume the worst. This coach is a northern car so it has rust. The front floors seem solid. It has always been stored indoors and the original paint still has a shine (when it is not covered in dust). The interior is in decent shape, the dash is perfect and so is the glass. Seat and door panels look good. It's a project I don't see me getting to anytime soon so I thought I'd post it and see if anyone here is interested. Price $4500.00 Coach is located in northern Indiana. 219-776-8374

no title

Is it difficult to get a title in Indiana? I know here (local anyway) they are sticklers for previous paperwork. Any titled vehicle has to be taken to an inspection station. All the VIN or other serial numbers depending on age have to match the paperwork in hand. After the numbers are okayed and then a safety inspection they may issue an Ohio title.
A couple of those 'we can help with paperwork' companies advertise now that if you live in Ohio to not contact them.
Mike

Is it difficult to get a title in Indiana? I know here (local anyway) they are sticklers for previous paperwork. Any titled vehicle has to be taken to an inspection station. All the VIN or other serial numbers depending on age have to match the paperwork in hand. After the numbers are okayed and then a safety inspection they may issue an Ohio title.
A couple of those 'we can help with paperwork' companies advertise now that if you live in Ohio to not contact them.
Mike

I have no clue, The car is not from Indiana and it is no longer in the system in Ill. I have the paperwork from the last time it was plated and a bill of sale. If nothing else it could be used for parts, but it is way to nice for that. A friend of mine in Alabama was going to buy it and he didn't need a title but that hasn't happened so rather than let it set longer I just thought I'd see if there was any interest here.............. I'll get to it one of these days otherwise.

Here in Arizona with a bill of sale we can go to DMV and apply for a bonded title and then purchase a bond from the insurance company then they will issue a title to you. I don't know if you have bonded titles in your state but it might be something to look at.

Here in Arizona with a bill of sale we can go to DMV and apply for a bonded title and then purchase a bond from the insurance company then they will issue a title to you. I don't know if you have bonded titles in your state but it might be something to look at.

Kenn, go with an abandoned vehicle title. Lots cheaper.

picyures of 61 Eureka

See Steve Loftin's post for today to see the pictures of this 61 Eureka 3 way coach. The pictures are from the craigslist posting. I don't know the copyright on these pictures. So I hesitate to post them here for now. Maybe someone can enlighten us on this issue.
After seeing the pictures I think this would make a great coach for one of us.
Mike

There is no copyright issue Mike - Tim's coach, Tim's ad, Tim's pictures (albeit small on CL). Don't overthink common sense here or there may be yet another new rule resulting! :yum:

Tim, yourself, or anyone else he's emailed pictures to can take 2 minutes uploading them to a free picture hosting service of their preference (Photobucket, Flickr, Fotki, etc.) before copy & pasting URLs as images in this thread larger.

Beautiful Eureka lines reasonably priced. Someone should assist Tim's sale by uploading many images. Looks like the largest hurdle may be that non-stock roof vent.

more roof vent

That roof vent may be a deal breaker for some. I look at it as just another repair. Were any flowers really saved by the vent?
Mike

Here are the pictures from the Craigslist post:

3k93m33pb5Y55V25P6b59de7d4afa577910fd.jpg
3m53oe3p35V45Q35U5b591f095f99bc701955.jpg

3n33mf3l35O45T45S6b59ae218fcae66b1c08.jpg
3oa3pb3l95V35P35R2b59a426741ec13516b7.jpg

cleaner 61 Eureka

here are pics of Tim's 61 Eureka in a bit cleaner condition. Outside and hosed off.
Mike

Attachments

• 61 Eureka 3 way 01.jpg
    61 Eureka 3 way 01.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 505
  • 61 Eureka 3 way 05.jpg
    61 Eureka 3 way 05.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 499
  • 61 Eureka 3 way 04.jpg
    61 Eureka 3 way 04.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 510
  • 61 Eureka 3 way 03.jpg
    61 Eureka 3 way 03.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 586
These 3 are my favorites. I just love the styling of the rear loding door window on these cars.

Josh

Attachments

• eureka 1.jpg
    eureka 1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 499
  • eureka 3.jpg
    eureka 3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 507
  • eureka4.jpg
    eureka4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 511
here are pics of Tim's 61 Eureka in a bit cleaner condition. Outside and hosed off.
Mike

That last image you posted looked really familiar, so I went through tons of old photos trying to find it. I did, and I had it noted as originally owned by Worthington Funeral Home. If that's correct, maybe they have the table and title still?

attachment.php

Worthington's traded the car in around 1975. It went through another owner since then. I supplied the photo to them as I was tracking down the history of the car. They purchased it from Palmer Superior Sales in 1971. The original owner was Harris Funeral Home in Pontiac, Ill. They bought it new and traded it in on a new Superior in 1971.

I'm not sure, there is a plywood sub floor in the rear, I never looked to see if the tracks were under there or not. I have to many projects at this time and this car needs a good home. PRICE REDUCED $3950.00 OR BEST OFFER

Someone needs to buy this car, I am out of room and don't see me getting to this car anytime soon. Price reduced again $2950.00

Back