New Lighted Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dean Wilkinson

As I get the 73 Lifeliner ready to do some PCS and museum events, I decided I needed to change out the lighted signs. As well, I replaced the red lense on one of the 184 rotors with a clear one and the high beam headlights with flashing reds.

3511127415_391795fa30.jpg

3511127123_d70f9b16d2.jpg

3511938894_9377589224.jpg

3511938552_274873a7ca.jpg

That really is a sharp looking car. It looks like it left the factory yesterday and was delivered today. I can't ever remember seeing a Miller Meteor Volunteer with a roof sign before. I like the look..

...I can't ever remember seeing a Miller Meteor Volunteer with a roof sign before. I like the look..
Well, it is a Lifeliner.... The M-M roof sign was an option that doesn't seem to be too common. Why they were very popular on Superiors and not popular on M-M's is a good question (maybe cost).

It's coming along nicely, Dean. :cool:

Well, it is a Lifeliner.... The M-M roof sign was an option that doesn't seem to be too common. Why they were very popular on Superiors and not popular on M-M's is a good question (maybe cost).

It's coming along nicely, Dean. :cool:

Reading all these posts the last couple of days is taking its toll on my eyesight... :D

Roof Signs

As much of a Miller-Meteor guy as I am, I have to say their side roof sign design in the 1960s left a lot to be desired. 48" cars that were so equipped basically had huge lighted boxes, resembling movie theatre marquees, hanging from the roof sides.

Superior, on the other hand, incorporated their signs as flush-mounted units that harmonized with the vehicle's overall design.

Although Miller-Meteor's side roof sign design improved dramatically in the 1970s, as seen on Dean's rig, maybe the previous design was enough to deter Miller-Meteor buyers from ordering that option...??

Your Lifeliner is looking great, Dean! :cool:

getting there. they make some of the brilliant silver spray paint. which really helps the lighted signs. from the way that car looks you could fix the rust and get away with just painting the lower white. but we live out in the sticks to far for me to want to give up my high beams. I go for the red and white light in the beacon to me thay really get more attention that way. anything that brakes up the pattern works best. you need a set of skirts for that car?

getting there. they make some of the brilliant silver spray paint. which really helps the lighted signs. from the way that car looks you could fix the rust and get away with just painting the lower white. but we live out in the sticks to far for me to want to give up my high beams. I go for the red and white light in the beacon to me thay really get more attention that way. anything that brakes up the pattern works best. you need a set of skirts for that car?

John,

I have the right side plus a set of 73 Superior skirts. Do you have a set of M&M ?

John,

I have the right side plus a set of 73 Superior skirts. Do you have a set of M&M ?

the only difference in the skirts is the trim or lack of it. 71 to 76 fleetwood will fit. but some have the exeter molding for the rocker trim. some have the gravel shield on the leading edge and some have the wheel opening molding. but all the 71 to 76 use the same skirt. just take off what trim doesn't match up keep what you like. the hardest part is getting them adjusted. fixing Roberts 75 MM I used the skirt off my 73 S&S to check the opening for fit. on the 71 superior I got a set of 72 fleetwoods and just welded the extra holes shut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back