Annual Trek To C-W Coach

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I just returned home from my annual trek to C-W Coach. Spent the past week in Cincinnati. Where on this Earth are you going to find NOS stainless rocker panel moldings for a '71-'76 M-M and NOS(still in their original box) Cadillac factory floor mats, in Dark Cherry, for my '96 S&S Masterpiece??? One place and one place only............ C-W Coach!

Carl also has NOS '71-'76 M-M doors, door skins, and body panels.......... '77-'79 NOS M-M doors and door skins..... '77-'79 NOS Superior ambulance body panels, etc., etc.,........... amazing!!

Always wanted to go but never got to it. What does he have that isn't on the website? What are his parts prices like? Do you have any pictures of the lot or of older vehicles around the place?

Carl is extremely fair in his parts pricing. Best to just go there if looking for parts as Carl doesn't always even know what all he has. Parts are not in any kind of an inventory. Carl's inventory of cars for sale typically only date back to about 1993 these days, but it is always changing.

The down side of the trip.............. I managed to lose a starter and several teeth off of my flywheel. Nose was broken off of the starter. Went in after the nose piece and discovered the missing teeth. Replaced the starter in Cinti and the flywheel today back home.

Attachments

• Flywheel.jpg
    Flywheel.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 182
WOW!!!! You have all the luck! With all the LT-1 powered cop cars we had in the day and Roadmasters and Caddies I never replaced a flywheel. Starters YES!! they were crap but flywheels not one. If you did the job on the ground you deserve a merit badge. My big complaint in recent times is the Pass Key system when I finally find a way to to disable it I will post it. Oh yeah great looking coach.

The old starter gave me its last when I started it at the hotel that morning. She wasn't going anywhere under its own power after shutting it off at C-W Coach, so we decided to just replace the starter there in the lot.

Are the starters difficult to locate replacements for? Mine acted a little funny today... just wondering if I should find a replacement before the trip next month. I do not want to get stuck.

Get a new one, if possible, as opposed to a rebuilt one. I was able to get one quickly in Cinti. Not at all expensive. Like $100 and then got a $10 core credit.

Back