"Flying Anvils"

I caught a tv show a couple weeks ago, the title kind of caught my eye..."Flying Anvils". I didn't have time to watch it so I DVR'd the thing. Finally got to watch it last weekend with Rob and Zach, we sat there and laughed our butts off. Did anybody else happen to catch it?

The premise is, they use an upside down anvil with a hollowed out base as the "shooter", and a regular 100# anvil as the "flier". The load the hollowed out base with exactly one pound of black powder, set the "flier" on top of it, light the fuse and away she goes. The "regular" anvils go almost 200' up. The "super modified" anvils (with a bigger powder load) go over 500' up. They have a scoring system and everything.

Zach thought that sounded like something that we should try. Low cost, lots of noise, relative amount of excitment, some risk. I paid enough attention in science class to know if you shoot something up in the air....IT'S COMING BACK DOWN, question is where. Rob and I both agreed we should give it a whirl. Barb and JoEllen........well, not so much!! They pretty well shot the idea right in the butt!!!

I'm guessing if Barb happens to find a stray anvil or two laying around the garage, there's gonna be hell to pay for sure!!!!! How's guys supposed to have a little fun anyway???

Back