"Get Low"

Dan Brintlinger

PCS Member
OK, all you pre-war funeral car lovers.............get out and see "Get Low", starring Robert Duvall and Bill Murray. Funeral directors DEFINITELY need to see this film. Nedra and I loved it. I don't think anyone will be disappointed. And I also believe a PCS member supplied the vehicle "star" of the show......

Jeremy and I saw it last night. There is another thread on here about it also. It was GREAT! The main character, Felix Bush, was from Roane County Tennessee. I did notice in the credits the movie was filmed in Georgia, though. Here is a link I found about Felix Bush. My favorite line in the movie - "No one steals a hearse."

http://www.roanetn.com/Brazealef.htm

Get Low is one of the best movies that I've got to a theater to see in a long, long time! I really liked to story line being a funeral based movie and for once it wasn't a foolish mockery of the funeral business and profession. And yes, I loved every minute of seeing Miss Henney on the screen! I think as others have said that gives us and the professional car hobby a good light with folks! This movie will be a addition to my DVD library in the near future!

Im going to see it tomorrow. :thumbsup: The only place I found showing it in my area is about an hour and 15 mins away, which will make a nice drive.

Great movie!! i thought it was kind of funny in spots, had a great plot throughout the movie and lots of hearse time. Will add to my DVD collection as soon as its out.:myopinion:
I wonder how the word is getting out about this film, I have never seen a ad for it, if it was not for this site I never would have known about it.

I wonder how the word is getting out about this film, I have never seen a ad for it, if it was not for this site I never would have known about it.

Word is getting out through the PCS website of course!! Make a movie with a hearse in it, let some rabbid PCS folks know about it, and viola! Who needs to spend alot on advertising when we will do it for you! I had never heard of it either. After watching the trailer, I want to see it too.

Its out !!

We all know it, and now it is out. :clap::clap::clap: :071: Get Low was released Feb 22 on DVD and Blu Ray. Havent looked for it yet, but saw a commercial yesterday.
If someone gets it let us know where you got it.

It is listed as being available to rent at local "Redbox" kiosks for $1.00 per day.
You can check availability in your area at redbox.com.

It is available for purchase at amazon.com ($16.99), and is "in stock" at Walmart here in Flint ($16.96). :thumbsup:

It is listed as being available to rent at local "Redbox" kiosks for $1.00 per day.
You can check availability in your area at redbox.com.

That's exactly what my girlfriend and I did. It was available at the Redbox in front of our closest Wal-Mart. Great movie, thanks mostly in part to Robert Duvall's outstanding acting abilities.

Remember, if you buy it from Amazon through the PCS store link, the website here gets a portion of the $ale.

Thank you for adding this to the store. Can you add "anything"?
Kevin, I think if you get to Amazon through one of the PCS links, you can buy anything off Amazon and the website will still receive a portion of the sale. Costs you the same, Amazon pays the website. I've bought "Emergency!" videos through there, and I get some other, non-book/video things through Amazon through the link as well (hopefully, the money gets here). It's a good way to support the website and it costs you nothing.

Ordered mine from Amazon lastnight. If I would have known it was going to be in the Amazon PCS store, I would have waited.

Josh

For those who havn't seen the movie, or don't know what it is,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y17Me8uL6mA[/ame]

Last edited:
Miss Henney

I know Bill (Peoples not Murray) is planning on bringing a car or cars to the International I am not sure but he might be bringing Miss Henney but then again I do not know. What I do know he was there for the filming and has some GREAT stories about it. So there is ANOTHER reason to come to the international meet this year. Wouldn't it be great if we could have it played at the drive in? Sarah? Oh Sarah???????? What if Bill Peoples brought Bill Murray? Bill? Oh Bill?????????

I know Bill (Peoples not Murray) is planning on bringing a car or cars to the International I am not sure but he might be bringing Miss Henney but then again I do not know. What I do know he was there for the filming and has some GREAT stories about it. So there is ANOTHER reason to come to the international meet this year. Wouldn't it be great if we could have it played at the drive in? Sarah? Oh Sarah???????? What if Bill Peoples brought Bill Murray? Bill? Oh Bill?????????
I'm working on that as we speak.

For those of you that would like to see 'Get Low' at the drive-in movie night this summer, please respond to this thread!!!
http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4616

I talked to Bill Peoples, he likes the idea of having Miss Henney, his 1927 Henney combo that stars in the movie, displayed at the drive in. Interested in seeing this happen too? Respond to the poll that I linked in the above post and we can see about making this happen. :)

I talked to Bill Peoples, he likes the idea of having Miss Henney, his 1927 Henney combo that stars in the movie, displayed at the drive in. Interested in seeing this happen too? Respond to the poll that I linked in the above post and we can see about making this happen. :)

Okay that is great but is Bill going to bring Bill Murray? Now that would be really impressive!xmass

Back