Where to find flat glass moulding

The moulding around my side glass is severely deteriorated and allows water to get inside.
I am considering replacing two pieces because of sand blasting and bb pocks but want to make sure I can put the new glass in with fresh moulding.

I wouldn't think it to be builder/make/year specific. Ideas where to find it and what to ask for?

if your referring to the rear glass there is none. if you have a superior one can swap them side to side and put the fresh side out. as far as I know they were the only one that used the double sided one. if your going to try to do that wd-40 the H out of it inside and out let is sit for a day or two before you try to get it out.

your only option is used stuff and splice it. or contact one of the rubber companies like Mike did and make a run. it would be called a grommet. if your working on one of them that pressed the glass agents the opening and pined it. not hung the flap out side there may be some stock that could be used. you would have to cut and splice the corners yourself. meantime fill the gap with some black silicone. let it set up and you can trim it to contour with a razor blade. that will fill in the hole ad keep it from leaking in. run some masking tap were the edge of the rubber should be and you can then cut a clean edge.

i get scared every time I take one out. there is just no good substitute out there that I know of. what are you working on?

Back