Set of 5 NOS 8.20-15" 6 Ply WW Tires

I love the look of the pie crust bias ply tires !!!

The sidewall height is awesome too.

Those huge rim, elastic band thin tires of today just don't do it for me.

They are offering free shipping so likely no need to pick them up for anyone Kurt but very nice of you to offer. :applause:

I have a '67 Ford Falcon sitting on really old bias ply tires that just keep on holding air like champs.

:thumbsup:

Free shipping, but he would probably take off $125 on the set if he didn't have to pay for shipping on his end. The "pie crust" edges look period and cool, but they were a bitch to clean as I recall. With the 6 ply rating, these would be perfect on any coach built from 1961 through 1970!

According to this tire, the 8.20-15" was replaced by the 9.00-15", so they should be the same size.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 296
890 8ply is correct. one would have to measure them the 890 is an 31 inch in diameter tire. they are telling me the 820 is a 29 inch tire same as the 235s

this is what I find looking up on coker

Attachments

• 820x15.JPG
    820x15.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 890x15 firestone.JPG
    890x15 firestone.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 211
I went to look at this set of five 8.20-15" 6 ply tires today. I made him an offer and he took it. The price was definitely right and no shipping expense or sales tax to deal with.

Still a good score. The dis the due WW with the pin strip in and out. Be nice to have a set of them. I have one and one 890 black wall.

You get a chance run the tape around that tire and a original 890 and see what the roll out difference is.

820 is correct for limousines. 890 for coaches. I put 820 is on my crown when I couldn't get 890s and they looked horrible. I couldn't wait to get them off.

These 8.20s are much taller than the new 8.20s. I will have to post a pic. Tires have changed drastically inn the past 40 years, as Ed has pointed out in some of his past comparisons. The photo that I posted earlier in this post shows that 8.20s were superseded by 9.00s.

I think tire sizing is a lot like steel gauge and R value, there's a whole lot of inconsistency from one manufacturer to the next!

This is way true. That why I asked about taping the to get the roll out. A chock line across set to a line on the floor. Set the line on the tire to the line on the floor and roll the tire till it gets back to the floor. Measured​ between the lines gives you the roll out. I have this marked down at home for the 890,700,235 tires. I currently have the L78 tires on the 72 they are the same rollout as the 235s. But they are only a 4 ply tire with a 2 ply side wall I would like to get a better tire under it but to cheap to spring for the 700 and send then down to have the white wall put on.

The 700\15 are so close as to not read any different on the speedometer. My guess is the 820s will roll out the same as the 235s.

Back