'83 Superior Flower Car In MI

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Cadill...r-/182291267582?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

This 1983 Cadillac Superior Coupe de Fleur, or Flower Car, was one of just 3 Flower Cars delivered from Superior in 1983. In 1984 there were only 2 delivered, after which Superior ceased flower car production making this car one of the last 5 commercial chassis Flower Cars made! This vehicle cost a whopping $44,912 when new! Stationary stainless-steel flower deck is in great shape, as is the casket compartment and interior. Body has some surface rust, paint, and other cosmetic condition issues, which are evident in the photos. Back glass is cracked, which is flat and easily and inexpensively replaceable. Front glass has a stone chip that can probably be repaired. Engine runs and car drives, has an aftermarket carb on it, I would recommend installing a Cadillac carb. Will need new tires and correct wheel covers. Not a perfect car, but with some work it could be a unique and rare addition to a professional car collection.

Please feel free to call 248-633-6086 with any questions.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 137
..... but why couldn't they have found a matched set of 4 used white walls and a matched set of correct wheel covers to put on it prior to listing it? Total investment would be around $200.

As it is, it looks like a $#!+ box!!

My guess would be employees who either lacked training, or chose not to apply the training they received.

Another possibility is that this flower car was used sometime during its life for much more than transporting caskets and flowers.

Last edited:
Nice car biggest issue is has been twisted take note to the line at the back of the front fenders the gap is much larger at the top than the bottom particularly on the drivers side. In addition the same is true at the rear of the drivers side front door wider gap at the top than the bottom same where rear bumper meets the 1/4 panels. My guess is it was allowed to sit on a chassis contact lift where the arms were not long enough to not have too much overhanging due to long wheel base and thus the ends sagged. This can probably be cured by jacking each end up putting stands under under the ends and allowing the weight to reverse the issue.

Back