Wanted-jump seats and driver's side rear glass

Hey guys, I'm looking for jump seats for my 59 MM along with the driver's side curved glass. The story goes that the previous previous owner who was a painter used the car as his truck. The glass hindered the ladder's ability to be put in the rear so he busted it out. Apparently the seats also weren't helping so he got rid of them too. The previous owner had a plexiglass window made, but I don't want to use that. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find these parts?

which glass are your looking for. Drivers side brings up vision of the left front door to me. I was under the assumption that all the side glass in 59 was flat laminated. if so getting one cut if it is is possible. but one may have to remove the other side for the pattern. but if your talking about the left courner back glass. that is a problem. check it may be plexiglass or some type of the same stuff. Lexine is a good replacement. I have the ones here out of the 63 superior I'm working on. I could make a tracing and you could compare it to what you have. it may give you more options. but most of the time they don't fit from one manufacture to the other. the Story that Tom Pinner told me about there corner glass was, there Dad was the only one in the shop that could make them and get them in on the first try. he would heat the plexiglass between two pieces of 1/4 in chip board on the wood stove and form it there. putting it in the car while it was warm so it would set in the curve. now MM being a bigger co would do it differently but the effect would be the same. truth beign told I really never took one out of the rubber to look at the edge. I'll have to do that today.

I'm referring to the corner glass unfortunately. I'm trying to avoid having the piece custom made since I'm pretty sure it would be ungodly expensive. But if I can't find the piece then I suppose I'll have to suck it up and deal with it.

glass for M-M

Loren,
If you watch ebay these pop up every now and then. They are never cheap. Last time I saw an auction for the 3 curved pieces the bid was $1100 plus shipping. Lexan is a good choice over plexiglas as it can be bent without breaking. It is a bit more expensive than plexi.
The jump seats I think are the same for many years. You would only have to get the proper covering material. They did change that but the seats stayed the same for many years.
Mike

Back