Feedback on a NY area show in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although nothing is set in stone we have begun talking about a large "working vehicle" show for 2010. I own rerstored POLICE cars and have organized the antique POLICE CAR show at the NYC POLICE MUSEUM for 9 years now. We are proposing a display of vehicles at the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Nassau County LONG ISLAND NY - This loaction will be expanding as MUSEUM ROWand already has the NASSAU COUNTY FIRE museum and a restored wooden carousel. Two military vehicle groups, the LONG ISLAND CHAPTER of Antique Fire apparatus, regionalantique truck club and several vintage police car clubs are ready to praticipate along with the LONG ISLAND AIR POWER MUSEUM. This was the location of Mitchell Field air base and Roosevelt Field where Charles Linberg took off for his historic flight and will eventually be the ew home of the Nassau County Police Museum and an Automotive Museum. We would like to get PCS members invlved and have cars from your group join us so I am asking for some feedback from members. This can be a really big show that will only get larger in the next few years. Day one so far will be at the NYC POLICE MUSEUM IN NYC and then we head out to Long Island - a hotel in near by next to the Nassau CTY Sports arena.

Steve thanks for the interest, I am not sure how this board works and since no one else responded I am thnking the interest from the PCS is low? The date will be the weekend of JUNE 12 2010.It would help if there was a point person from PCS that would offer feedback and organize your group. The vehicles can be parked over night at the museum where the Military club will be camping out all night and there is a 24 hour Public Safety patrol from the College. I know it isa long way off,but intial feed back is going to help us determine how to set this all up.

... Steve thanks for the interest, I am not sure how this board works and since no one else responded I am thnking the interest from the PCS is low? ...
Please do not take the lack of posts as the interest being low. This board as well as severeal others that I frequent have all been slow the past month or so. I think that spring fever has hit everyone and they are outside playing with their cars and not sitting in the house checking the internet all day. That is definately my reason and there are others here that used to chime in on subjects a couple of times a day that I haven't seen around for several days now.

I actually think that a meet like you described would be a great get together for us. Unfortunately, at the moment, I do not have a pro car. NY is close enough to me that even though I would not be able to attend with a show vehicle, I wouldn't mind attending as a spectator. If you would, please keep us updated with the times and places, it would be wonderful. Do you have an idea of what time of the year you are looking. I assume summer, but can you narrow it down to even a particular month yet?

I can only speak for myself, but right now is when I am getting my 2009 summer together and I haven't started to think about 2010 yet. I've got a car show in Sandusky Ohio to attend in June, my family vacation in Delaware in July and the PCS meet in August in Flint Michigan. I am definately interested, but I can't confirm anything yet.

Thanks for the heads up on the show and I am sure that someone here will be interested.

working car show 2010

Steve thanks for the interest, I am not sure how this board works and since no one else responded I am thnking the interest from the PCS is low? The date will be the weekend of JUNE 12 2010.It would help if there was a point person from PCS that would offer feedback and organize your group. The vehicles can be parked over night at the museum where the Military club will be camping out all night and there is a 24 hour Public Safety patrol from the College. I know it isa long way off,but intial feed back is going to help us determine how to set this all up.

HI Glenn.
As Steve said it is pretty slow right now. But I know that our Members from our MID Michigan chapter are very Interested.
Keep us Posted on Updates as they Occur

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back