Check these old ambulances....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what they are, the year, and who makes them. TKS

Richard

a264.jpg

What are they? They are ambulances surrounded by race cars and tow trucks.

The red/silver ambulance is definately a '61 Superior Pontiac, from Rusling Hose Co. in Hamilton, New Jersey. Here's a better photo (courtesy of Rich Litton). (Betcha didn't expect that, did ya? ;) ).

The white/red car looks like maybe a '63 M-M Cadillac with tunnel lights.

Attachments

• 61SupPontRusling.jpg
    61SupPontRusling.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 2,252
I almost agree

I think the red Cadillac ambulance is older than a 63. I do agree that it looks like a MM. Note that the front face of the hood comes down to the grille showing a lot of paint. The 59 through 64 front ends had very shallow hoods. And they did not have a flat face or front as this one shows. With the single headlights I say it is a 57. If we determine it is quad headlights it is a 58.
Now we are ready for more opinions.
Mike

is that

Is that a series 75 limo of the mid 50s I see the tail of in the pick? Look just beyond the ambulances to see the dark gray car. There has to be an old racer out there that could help us out here.
Mike

What are they? They are ambulances surrounded by race cars and tow trucks.

The red/silver ambulance is definately a '61 Superior Pontiac, from Rusling Hose Co. in Hamilton, New Jersey. Here's a better photo (courtesy of Rich Litton). (Betcha didn't expect that, did ya? ;) ).

The white/red car looks like maybe a '63 M-M Cadillac with tunnel lights.

Outstanding!!!!

Richard

the racers

The race cars are different types of cars in the two pictures. I think the tracks are different too. One is almost flat the other is high banked. Both are great pictures.
Mike

a second look

Look again at the red and the orange ambulances. The red one seems to have a low roof profile. The orange one looks to be a high top.
With vintage pictures there are probably many things we will see if we keep looking. Not only procars but lots of other neat rides.
Mike

I agree with Tony on that.

The first photo, with the Rusling car in it, is almost certainly from the Trenton Speedway in NJ, which was pretty close to where Rusling was. So the other ambulance (which I agree is probably earlier than I first thought) is also from the same area. I found another photo from Trenton Speedway (no ambulances) with similar houses in the background - but the track did gain banking later. It hosted NASCAR Grand National racing for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back