Wiper Motor

I need to find a wiper motor w/ washer for my 1961 Cadillac. Working Used or rebuilt. 1959 to 1962 are all the same. I found one but I thought the price was high. Any suggestions are always welcom.
Thank You

what was kind of high. anything that may or may not touch a 59 is always twice the going rate. I can check for you when I stop at e caddy store tomorrow. any thing you get will most likly need the washer pump rebuilt

There a few very good companies on the web that sell only Cadillac parts, All Cads, Caddy Daddy, USAuto parts (I know for sure they have them but are pricey), McVeys, to name a few. Sorry I cant be more help.

Thank You All!
My idea of high was $400.00 plus a core charge of $250.00 "if it is uasable".
Your info is very helpful. I just think this is a great group to be a member of!
THANK YOU!

Could you check out to see what the price is? I found one from Caddy Daddy for $320.00 plus the core charge and I was going to check some of the others that have been suggested later today.
Thanks
Gus

got up there today. Dan was in one of his moods. weather is coming in tonight and expected to last. 40's by Saturday and rain. so it's 82 today gentle breeze blowing and we were up there. I found about ten wiper motors for 59 to 21 caddy's still on cars. picked a 1959 2 door that someone had been restoring who died and the wife sold it for scrap 20 years ago. Dan's story not mine. but the car looked it. had a tri power engine in it all covered over with rugs, carbs missing the engine painted. but the wiper motor looked better then the rest. got 125 in it if you want it it yours for that. don't feel obligated I can always dump it. but my best find was a set of 235x15s 3 inch white walls looked like they were used one season before being put in the back seat of a 60 4 door and scraped. man we can use them. oh ya he still has that crown too for you crown seekers. did get a couple pieces for the 69 one that will make someone very happy

Attachments

• IMG_7569.JPG
    IMG_7569.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_7570.jpg
    IMG_7570.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_7572.jpg
    IMG_7572.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_7573.jpg
    IMG_7573.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_7574.jpg
    IMG_7574.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 142
Check with NAPA the part # is RAY 49106 on line it was $404, but local independants "NAPA" may have it for less and give AAA discounts, something to check out. Good luck, let us know how you faired.

Thank you all

To Everyone:
What can I say..... So many of you have been so helpful it is just great. I can not thank you enough! Ed Renstrom has a unit will work.
It is a TRUE PLEASUER to belong to a group like this !!!!!! I can only hope to help when needed.
Thanks
Gus

wiper motor

There is great info on here. Thanks I'm have problems with my wiper motor on my 61. It will not run from my switch in the car but they turn on when ever they feel like it and the motor works not sure if it the switch on the in side if the car or wiring to the motor. Everything has power but nothing turns on the wipers. If anyone has ideas to try please let me know
Thanks
Jamie

wipers come on whenever

Jamie,
I think you have a loose wire or contact in the switch. If the wipers are turning themselves on the switch is the first place I would check. Then look at the connector on the wiper motor. Then check the wires between the wiper motor and the switch. Also check the wires at the fuse panel.
Good luck,
Mike

Jamie...

Check the wiper motor switch, since if it doesn't have a good ground, then the motor will not work. The motor itself is also isolated from the ground system of the car, and the switch provides the path to ground. You will also find that there is a ground strap on the motor that grounds a section of the motor to the firewall. It is very convoluted as to exactly how they work, and when they stop working, there is not much that the average person can do to fix them other than to remove and replace.
When you turn the switch to the on position, it provides a ground to the wiper motor, and on the inside of the motor, there are point contacts that work off of a cam that keeps the motor activated. When you turn the switch to the off position, these points continue to feed power to the wiper motor until the wiper arms are in the correct parked position. This is where the wiper motors usually go bad, and it needs to be serviced by someone that understands the circuitry, and knows how to repair them. When you add into the mix, the windshield washer system, it makes it further complicated. I know that sending them out to have them rebuilt is expensive, but this is one of those times, that it is well worth the cost, because of the complexity of the units. Most times when you find a used one on a car, it is also not working properly.

Back