1971 Miller Meteor Volunteer Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone interested in this 1971 Miller Meteor Volunteer?

I thought I could restore this car and I got in over my head. So if someone sees any opportunity to continue on with restoration of this car, please let me know via PM. $1000 or best offer. It’s near Minneapolis. Will hold it until April. Inside storage.

At this point it runs and shifts through the gears smoothly. Had it out driving around the neighborhood this past weekend in our unusual 50 degree weather. Brakes were overhauled and it stops smoothly. Radiator re-built. Gas tank repaired and coated by Tank Re-Nu. Tires hold air. Still needs a carburetor overhaul/re-build. Body is in very rough shape. Lower body has extensive corrosion. Upholstery and headliner are shot. Windshield cracked. Missing grill. One skirt missing. Step bumper is bent.

If no one wants the whole car, it will be available for parts. Side and rear door glass is good. Much of the trim is OK. Medical cabinet is unique, covered with upholstery fabric and has roll up doors. If you are interested in parts, send a PM. I’m not going to be too interested in removing parts in an unheated garage over the winter, so parts are probably not going to be available until spring. Make an offer.

I’ve moved on to another car. Look for photos and updates on that one in the summer of 2012.

Attachments

• DSC_0197.jpg
    DSC_0197.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 693
Sold!

Going to someone who will do a very nice job on the restoration. I'm sure you will be seeing posts documenting the progress here in the forums.

Look for posts on my new car later this year, also.

I just hope that the buyer isn't planning on stealing any parts from another Volunteer in his possession...

now which one to let go. to make room for it. anyone want a sub or a 53 Pontiac or a 72 Seville? the limo has to stay and we need the 68 for grandmother still. or better yet some one give Scott the money for this one and I won't have to worry about it. but a drivable 71 48 inch ambulance is hard to pass up. had it been a hearse I would not have had any trouble. but I have a soft spot for that 71 72 body and a MM doesn't hurt. they can't all be Oldsmobile's. still gathering parts for my new one there. they haven't sold it yet and it's now down to 700 bucks. so many cars so little time for a lazy man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back