A Little Progress

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
We are doing it backwards, I know, but I wanted to do something. So, some rust repair and new base coat/clear coat urethane paint and it is presentable and driver quality. I am happy with it. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• P1160358.jpg
    P1160358.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 231
  • P1160359.jpg
    P1160359.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 233
  • P1160354.jpg
    P1160354.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 228
A Few More!

It is shiny again!

Attachments

• P1160360.jpg
    P1160360.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 231
  • P1160361.jpg
    P1160361.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 229
  • P1160355.jpg
    P1160355.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 232
I think that you shouldn't stand behind the car when it is backing out...:eek: You also have a back up light out on the right side.;) Looks great!!:thumbsup:

Not sure what's backwards about it Bill but sure is pretty.

What is backwards, is the fact that I still need to get the frame repaired properly, among other things. Lucille always told me that I would fix all of the things that people don't see first and by then I sometimes lost interest. She told me to make a car pretty first, so this time, I did it her way. So far, so good, I guess.

I think that you shouldn't stand behind the car when it is backing out...:eek: You also have a back up light out on the right side.;) Looks great!!:thumbsup:

Paul, the car was going forward, but one of the things that needs to be straightened out, is some minor electrical, such as; the backup light, or sometimes lights on all of the time.

For the record, I would not stand behind a car backing up, even if it looks like I did just that.

Looking good. What part of the frame is bad?

There is a section where the control-arms connect to the frame and someone welded Diamond-Plate over it, so it remains a mystery. Eventually, I will have the Diamond-Plate removed and we will see what happened. Is it rust? Is it damage? That remains to be seen. Hopefully it isn't major damage and with skill and good fortune, I am hoping that it will be repaired correctly and safely. I am sure, depending on the extent of damage, that there will be many opinions as to how to repair it.

I have a guy locally an excellent welder who repairs frames for me. He just saved a 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara for me that had big frame rust issues. Also a senior citizens 97 Town Car so if no one available get in touch wait till spring though the roads here are HEAVILY brined.

Nothing wrong with diamond plate as long as its welded in solid. A little under coating will cover up those bumps just fine. I would put a set of frame gauges on it make sure its stright and level . If it is enjoy the car.

Paul, the car was going forward, but one of the things that needs to be straightened out, is some minor electrical, such as; the backup light, or sometimes lights on all of the time.

For the record, I would not stand behind a car backing up, even if it looks like I did just that.

I wouldn't either with Terri at the wheel....:eek:

Looks Great

Looks great Bill,
I love those original wheelbase cars. When I was a kid I spent a lot of time in Cotner/Bevington Seville's.

Back