Great Job Gregg!

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Once again Gregg has done an outstanding job bringing us the updates of the coming year in the professional car industry! I just got through reading the 2011 Professional Vehicle Update published in the NFDA's February issue of The Director. that I received in the mail today! Lots of information and insight on the future of both the Lincoln and Cadillac professional cars. Those of you who receive this in the mail need to also read the stories, An Iconic Symbol of Service on page 6 and the 2010 NFDA Professional Vehicle Survey on pages 36-38. Once again great job Gregg on another professional car story!

I've acquired permission from and I'm currently working with the Editor of The Director to acquire in PDF form the stories in the February 2011 issue to post and share here. I'm hoping that those will be posted today or tomorrow.

It is with special thanks to Mr. Ed Defort, Editor of the NFDA's The Director magazine for allowing these stories to be shared here!

Here is Gregg's 2011 Professional Vehicle Preview.

“Originally published in the February 2011 edition of The Director, a publication of the National Funeral Directors Association”

Attachments

• Checking_in_with_Detroit.pdf
    824.5 KB · Views: 817
Last edited:
An Iconic Symbol of Service, By Patrick E. Lynch.

“Originally published in the February 2011 edition of The Director, a publication of the National Funeral Directors Association”

Attachments

• Feb2011_Lynch.pdf
    457.1 KB · Views: 375
2010 NFDA Professional Vehicle Study. By, Deana Gillespie.

Attachments

• 2010_ProVehicleStudy.pdf
    454.2 KB · Views: 394
And the stunning cover shot!

Attachments

• 2011 NFDA Cover.jpg
    2011 NFDA Cover.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 246
This is all very interesting reading and I think it gives us a pretty good idea where the future of the professional car industry is heading and will be in the next few years.

2012 pro cars

This is all very interesting reading and I think it gives us a pretty good idea where the future of the professional car industry is heading and will be in the next few years.

Thanks much for posting those articles! Interesting to learn that Eagle/Federal will go into full production of the Lincoln MKT hearse this Spring. I was guessing it was going to be 1Q 2012 before we would see them in production.

I was disappointed about Cadillac's fuzzy pro car plans. They don't seem to have any solid commitment beyond building a few extra 2011 DTS B9Q chassis before production ends in May.

A brief video clip of where the DTS B9Q chassis is born.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3dZfvTLbBE[/ame]

I imagine that when Henney and Packard were drying up and blowing away, people lamented that they would have to settle for Cadillacs...turned out OK then. 1977, with downsizing, same thing, people freaked out but it turned out OK.

I appreciate the articles, thanks much for sharing them.

That MKT is going to take some getting used to...

Back