Brake Info

I can help with part numbers from the same manufacturer from 1960 to 1970 with some advance 1971 information. I have the 41H edition of the EIS catalog. Manufacturers frequently changed part numbers for the same application, because the number that fit the older car was dropped and a new part will also work for both the older and newer applications.

dropping numbers

Why the manufacturers don't just use the new dates I don't know. It would seem to me that changing numbers is just a way of someone justifying their job. When one of the parts stores here in town told me they didn't list anything for a 61 Cadillac I asked for 62 listings. The parts guy asked why I would want the 62s if my car was a 61. I told him it was pretty much the same car. With an I don't think so look and disbief he found the part I wanted. When I need exhaust manifold gaskets I have to ask for 67 Eldarado gaskets as that is the only listing they have. Yes, they are the same, just not listed for my application anymore.
And the non initiated out there wonder why we like finding old parts books.
Mike
61 M-M

As Mike said it is sometimes a pill to get what we need for the older cars. My guys at Car Quest have been doing this a long time and usually can relate to what I am after but sometimes I have to educated them on what years should work, etc.:071:

one thing nice about living here is there are still a number of these years used a s a daily driver. saw a 73 98 olds just this morning as I was gassing up.

Back