Olds Procar Picture Thread

...the last set are of the one of two window delete ambulances built by CB. loosely referred to as the criterion olds but as Tony pointed out to be it's just a landau high top as it has a full door and no pass threw. I had to agree with him he was holding a gun...
It's hard to define this car, but it comes very close to a Criterion, especially due to the side-wall cabinets this had. Other than the lack of a pass-through, the interior is set up almost exactly like a Criterion. Also, it has Ful-Vu lights, very unusual for a C-B.:myopinion:
I, too, wonder where this ended up. :confused:

the that blank side 75 does show is how easy it would be to have keep the car ambulance and meet the federal standards. that being of course if Gm had keep a big chaises. the olds was a lot narrower then then criterion and did not have the floor drop off if in front of the gurney so that a tall man could stand up in it. it could have been made that way. still keeping the full door on both sides. like a lifeliner the pass threw to the cab would have been easy to. just required bucket seats. olds had them in there big car as a option. all they did on this one is leave off the windows and put in the cabinet and the bench seat. this picture of a military 73 delivered to Denver shows the rear pattern that CB used is the same as this 75 car. my 72 has the same rear body shell and top. now if they had just got smart and found away to store the back boards and long equipment with a access panel or raised floor instead of that cheapo top box they may have been more competitive with the vans. but lets face it Indian Head corp was only interested in the bottom line and vans were cheaper to convert.

Attachments

• 1973 CB us army 2.jpg
    1973 CB us army 2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 648
  • 1973 CB us army 1.jpg
    1973 CB us army 1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 644
John,
It has traded hands a couple times and is now being restored by the owner of Eastern Iowa Ambulance.

I think it's at PB body shop in Tiffin, IA if you are in the area.

Carmak
Riverside, Iowa
67 Bonneville Consort

Thanks for the update!!
Nice to hear from you again, its been awhile.

'61 Seville ambulance

A '61 C/B Seville I looked at a few years ago. I wonder if its still there?

View attachment 1264

View attachment 1265

View attachment 1266

I once had a '61 Seville ambulance like this one. I bought it from the small town of Sundown, TX, but it had belonged to Henderson Funeral Home in Lubbock. We used it from 1973-75 and then loaned it to another small town until they could get their new ambulance. Somehow they managed to get a title to the car and sold it out from under me! I understand it went across the border. No telling where it is now or if it even still exists. I know one thing, though: it was one fast running little ambulance!

Here is a picture of a 1969 Oldsmobile Cotner Bevington end loader I once owned. The car was ordered from the factory with a skin top.
I can't remember who I sold it to or where it went. Does anyone know where its at now.

000_0014_0002-1.jpg

A Bruce Biancalana photo

1986 Olds Eureka

I had this car some years ago. I had it for sale at the end of my driveway. I sold it to a guy that had just gotten thrown out of his car by his wife durring an argument. He stumbled in and bought the car to get back at his wife. Funny thing was for years after I would see him in the passeger seat with a lady driving. I always wondered if it was the same lady who threw him out the day he bought it.

000_0019_0005.jpg

Here is a picture of a 1969 Oldsmobile Cotner Bevington end loader I once owned. The car was ordered from the factory with a skin top.
I can't remember who I sold it to or where it went. Does anyone know where its at now.

000_0014_0002-1.jpg

A Bruce Biancalana photo

Dont know where it went after you but I know it was an Iowa car at one time. Do you remember what Iowa firm it was from?

Olds

1st 72 Sold to a PCS member
2nd 72 just got.
3nd 65 Still have :)

Attachments

• 1.1743917237.DSC01384.jpg
    1.1743917237.DSC01384.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC07901 - Copy.JPG
    DSC07901 - Copy.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC07719.jpg
    DSC07719.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC07721.jpg
    DSC07721.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 393

I have the same postcard in my collection. These were nicely equipped cars, and in a pretty color (lilac?). In an era when most funeral home and ambulance service owners wouldn't spend the money, even the entry-level AM radio must've been a treat for their crews.

Does anyone here know what firm originally owned these?

Attachments

• CB 65.jpg
    CB 65.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Dont know where it went after you but I know it was an Iowa car at one time. Do you remember what Iowa firm it was from?

Sad thing is I drug it out of the garage of the funeral home. The home was purchased by a corporation and they wanted it gone. The name of the funeral home escapes me now but it will come to me.

Back