Olds Procar Picture Thread

69 Builder Photos
ftg87k.jpg
nq5i6s.jpg

167o3z6.jpg
2rp8lzp.jpg

I have so much to rescan. These were done when looking at a 15 inch CRT monitor they looked huge.

Post 14674

Post 84, that is:

Light yellow Seville combination:
Mallett F.H. in Wagoner,OK; original owner unknown

Black/silver Seville combination:
Mortuary service in Tulsa; original owner unknown

Post 73:

Black Cotington combination:
Stanley's Funeral Service in Tulsa; this and two matching limousines replaced a 1955 Miller landau and twin Fleetwood 75s. The '62s were replaced by a matching set of '67 C/Bs (two limousines and a combination). Once the '67s were delivered, the '62 limos were traded in and the combination relegated to ambulance duty (seen here).

2 more.....both are from the Steve Loftin collection :thankyou2:

This ranks as one of my favorite images in my collection.

Cary,

Why not identify these cars as you post them?

Combination:
Beautiful medium blue car from Owen's in Sapulpa; firm no longer in business. She had a #76B whistle in addition the the snap-on red spotlight lenses, along with a two-tone grey interior as well as factory front/rear A/C. What a doll! She was replaced by a similar '67, which was replaced by a similar '73 (the O.F.H.'s last combination car). A fairly poor (110 camera) shot of the '73 is on the Northland site.

How sad; what an awful thing to happen to such a wonderful old property:

http://blog.oeta.tv/onr/index.php/2008/10/31/sapulpa-funeral-home-becomes-halloween-s

Ambulance:
Unusual "landau" style from Lake View, NY; these hightops had 46" headroom.

Post 62

And from the Loftin archives.....
23maaua.jpg

I took this shot at the 1986 PCS meet in Tulsa.

This girl originally served in NJ with a silver over burgundy color scheme. It was later donated to an FD in IL where it was painted yellow. It was then sold to Bob Hedges; he sold it to Steve Diamond, who repainted it white. About 10 years ago Steve donated it to the EMS Division of the Texas DOH; they still have it, and use it for display at various conferences.

we better get a few newer ones listed. were I don't have Steve's history on these. I have not been at it as long. that's what makes the hobby so unique. each person brings to it there own thing they think is important and together it rounds out the hobby. and perceives the Hx and the cars importance in it. here are a few 75s and the last of the CB line. the white one with a light bar was offered for sale in Mt a couple years ago. the last set are of the one of two window delete ambulances built by CB. loosely referred to as the criterion olds but as Tony pointed out to be it's just a landau high top as it has a full door and no pass threw. I had to agree with him he was holding a gun. isee that one was posted a few years ago by Gary. if he has a better copy post it again so I can get a better one of the car.

Attachments

• 1975 54 ambulance white 3.jpg
    1975 54 ambulance white 3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 593
  • 1975 cotington limo Hearse factory photo.jpg
    1975 cotington limo Hearse factory photo.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 570
  • 1975 CB red & white 2.jpg
    1975 CB red & white 2.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 552
  • 1975 cb Olds crit.jpg
    1975 cb Olds crit.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 688
  • 1975 CB Olds Crit Int.jpg
    1975 CB Olds Crit Int.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 563
A quickie.....before I get my lazy ass on the couch for a nap.:sleep:
Thanks go to Steve Loftin and many others who shot these things years ago while the were still around. This has got to be the most unusual Seville's I have ever seen. Shot by Steve Loftin a 71 CB Seville Sumners Conversion owned Easterling FH. This one deserved an individual post.
2n1dx1e.jpg

Thanks go to Steve Loftin and many others who shot these things years ago while the were still around. This has got to be the most unusual Seville's I have ever seen. Shot by Steve Loftin a 71 CB Seville Sumners Conversion owned Easterling FH. This one deserved an individual post.

I'm very thankful that I started photographing these things when I did...1972!

Easterling's was in Odessa, TX; now an SCI firm:

http://www.odessafuneralhome.com/dm....page?LoadDefault=0&id=home&LocNumbNLang=7511

This is a combination car that was originally black. The attendant seat was replaced by a captain's chair. This shot was taken on the Summers lot in about 1978.

72 Sevilleathon....
From the brochure
mj2vlh.jpg

The next 2 are Loftin pics..(I think)
rktow1.jpg

51oqrc.jpg

Former Kelly FH, Zephyrhills Fl. Seville Combination. I owned this car 2 times. it was one of my favorites and undoubtedly one of the fastest procars I ever owned. While I owned it the 1st time I had it tweaked and tuned, rejetted the carb, recurved the distributor, it surprised many unsuspecting stoplight racers. Other than the ungodly cowl rust which was common in CB's I wish I still owned this one.
152jblk.jpg

I will agree that he 72 Seville is one fun car to drive. after pushing these caddy's around to jump in that one and go for a drive is nothing but fun. i can only imagine running on hot. oh ya I can push this one a little but driving on a hot run if nothing like that at all. rusty cowl they do have, but they will clean up nicly

Attachments

• IMG_4163.jpg
    IMG_4163.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_4223.jpg
    IMG_4223.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 518
  • 1972 siville before and after. engin room.jpg
    1972 siville before and after. engin room.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 517
72 Seville's

The 72 Seville white over omaha orange that Cary posted above originally came from our funeral home in Sterling, IL (Allen FH) at the time it was all white, later resold to Ace Ambulance in Peoria, IL where the color was changed. My father and some of the employees who are still around frequently talk about the 69 & 72 sevilles saying they were the most fun to drive because of how quick on their feet they were, plus in those days they would take the ambulance home for the night and the CB's were a heck of alot easier to park in the garage at home where if you had the Cadillac you had to get out several times to make sure the garage door would close and most of the time the garage door would only shut and rest of the center of the bumper above the license plate and never really totally shut. Oh man those were the days!

Larri

This is something I had been meaning to do for years.....BETTER scans of the 75 CB "Criterion" A 320x240 image looked HUGE on an antique 15 inch CRT monitor 13 years ago......:clap:
Right click away......
mw5ssk.jpg

31652yf.jpg

Last edited:
we better get a few newer ones listed. were I don't have Steve's history on these. I have not been at it as long. that's what makes the hobby so unique. each person brings to it there own thing they think is important and together it rounds out the hobby. and perceives the Hx and the cars importance in it. here are a few 75s and the last of the CB line. the white one with a light bar was offered for sale in Mt a couple years ago. the last set are of the one of two window delete ambulances built by CB. loosely referred to as the criterion olds but as Tony pointed out to be it's just a landau high top as it has a full door and no pass threw. I had to agree with him he was holding a gun. isee that one was posted a few years ago by Gary. if he has a better copy post it again so I can get a better one of the car.

Does anyone know where the '75 ended up?

A few oddballs.....
81 Crestline Coach Pete Aldsten photo.....I like the lines on this one.
13yms5t.jpg

82 Olds Conversion by Paul Renaud Walt McCall photo
29djxgk.jpg

83 Master Coach Olds Sheet
rhj0ht.jpg

venogp.jpg

Nap time.....

Back