July 27-28 - Ohio PCS meet - who is going?

Sarah Snook

PCS Life Member
The Ohio Chapter has a great two-day meet happening July 27-28. They're going to the first annual Akron Aeros car show, spending the night at the Clarion Inn and then riding the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway the next day. Who's thinking of attending? Ron is heading up this meet, so let's post here if we're going. That way he can get a headcount for how many people to expect and people can find roommates if they're looking for someone to room with them at the Clarion.

The info about the meet is below.

On July 27-28, the Ohio PCS will be hosting a two-day event. The meet starts in downtown Akron at Canal Park Stadium where we will be a part of the first ever Akron Aeros classic car show. Registration for the car show is free. After the car show, everyone will head inside the stadium to watch the Akron Aeros play the Bowie Baysox. Tickets for the baseball game are $7.

After the baseball game, we will head north to the Clarion Inn in Hudson (the host hotel of the international meet last year) where we will hang out in the pool or in the parking lot until bedtime. Ron has set up a discount rate of $79 plus tax for rooms at the Clarion. This is a $20 discount from their regular rate. There are 10 rooms set aside for us, so call soon to reserve yours. The hotel's phone number is (330) 653-9191. The discount should be under the Ohio PCS / Professional Car Society.

Saturday morning (July 28), we will then all board the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway for a vintage train ride. Train tickets are $15 and will be purchased at the train station before getting on the train.

One of these days I am going to be able to make it to an Ohio Chapter event!

The ball game and the railroad sound like a fun time (especially the railroad!). Unfortunately, we are leaving Saturday morning the 28th for vacation. I would love to ride the railroad. I don't know, what sounds better... riding the railroad for a few hours or a week at the beach... ???

Sounds great, but will have to try to cover a shift on Friday. Should be able to make it, though. Mark & Renee' :batterUp:

This meet is less than two weeks away. If you're thinking about going, please post here so Ron Devies can have a head count of how many people to expect. This should be a fun one. :)

Back