also in same yard as '56 S&S ambulance

Any other goodies in that yard?

"There's gold in them thar hills."

Okay. Not really. But when you know a guy that knows a guy...seeds are sowed. Included are potentially eyebrow raising non-procars for fun.

First Miller Meteor's body was really good. We were shocked. Missing engine/transmission and some front suspension parts. Not priced but should leave for a better home.

dsc04919j.jpg

dsc04917q.jpg

dsc04918nm.jpg

dsc04922i.jpg

dsc04905x.jpg

dsc04830f.jpg

dsc04934o.jpg

Next '66 Superior is another good find. Driving up until a few years ago when the hood blew up and cracked windshield. Interior is perfectly usable; body won't require any metalwork. Keys are still in ignition. Not priced yet but I've already contacted someone looking for one that is very interested.

dsc04942s.jpg

How about a '57 Superior 602 sideloader with Lev-L-Matic? Missing table, needs hood, lower front fender patches, rockers, and front floors. Luckily all the trim is present. Priced very reasonably and a friend in CO is already mulling this one over.

dsc04882f.jpg

First unit retrieved was this '59 Eldorado Seville parts car for a PCS member. Many hard to find items remain, believe it or not.

dsc04816o.jpg

dsc04935b.jpg

Safari is incomplete. Given rarity, I'd assume someone will want it. There are 3 people that own cars in the yard. One not present owns this Poncho. Already asked about receiving a price. Sadly, this was complete with all good glass when parked!

I really try to limit asking for prices. Sellers do not want to hear "I know someone who would be interested" repeatedly even if true. Been on both sides of this fence and sounding like a broken record loses credibility every time. Unless I'm ready to throw cash out, no matter how cool, 80% of the time I simply keep quiet. Different scenario if a seller eludes to availability.

dsc04930yj.jpg

Was told Meteor limo style endloader is a '52 although I didn't snap frontal to verify. Notice how the rollers are specific.

dsc04911oh.jpg

It has dents as shown and some floor rot. Owner spoke fondly of it and will not sell. Perfect example of being on the fence here~ Borderline restorable right now. Owner won't do anything to it in the foreseeable future. Sit much longer and it will only be a parts car.

dsc04827g.jpg

The reason I even traveled great distance to find this property was a rotted '60 Superior Crown. Not restorable but it did have good corner glass and landau irons I've been searching high and low for. Of course it was gone - and initially thought stolen. There were 3-4 cars owned by the person showing us around that were strangely missing. Turned out when scrap was high a few months ago, one of the other owners on site scrapped a dozen of his own cars and took a few roughest examples not belonging to him as well.

Brilliant idea.

/dripping sarcasm.

Made the best out of the situation; switched gears; inspected what else is worth getting out for others.

Attila
Have you ever considered doing a calander of your old finds similar to Hemmings? You must have an uncanny sense of smell...seems you just sniff out the coolest finds.
THANX for sharing!

Back