April 9th - 11th Volunteer Chapter Spring Meet

LeeAnn Cunningham

PCS Member
The Volunteer Chapter
3rd Annual Spring Meet
Nashville, TN
April 9th - 11th 2010

We will kick off our meet at 7:00 p.m. Friday the 9th of April at the Caney Fork Fish Camp. Caney Fork is located at 2400 Music Valley Drive, Nashville TN 37214.

Then we will head to the host hotel, Fiddler’s Inn, for quality ‘Parking lot time’. Rates are $66.91 (includes sales tax) per night. I have 5 rooms reserved in my name, LeeAnn Boston. When reserving your room, give my name and mention the Professional Car Society. If these 5 rooms are reserved, others are guaranteed at the same rate. Call 1-877-223-7621 for reservations.

Saturday morning, 8:00 - 9:30, breakfast at the Cracker Barrel next door to the hotel.

We are doing something a little different this year. It is a good thing that we all like each other because eventually you run out of funeral homes to visit! From 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., we will be attending The Great Train Expo at the Municipal Auditorium in downtown Nashville. Admission is $7.00 per adult.

When we leave the Municipal, we will take a short walk 4 - 5 blocks to Demo’s Steak and Spaghetti House. This is a family owned local chain. We will be near the world famous 2nd Avenue and Printer’s Alley if anyone wants to take a stroll through there.

Time permitting, we will then go to The Nashville City Cemetery. Opening in 1822, Nashville City Cemetery is the oldest continuously operated public cemetery in Nashville.

Then, it is back off to the Fiddler’s Inn area for a nearby dinner (location to be a group decision) and more quality parking lot time! Sunday morning, for anyone that is left, we will meet again at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast.

Hope to see ‘ya there! If you have any questions call Jeremy Ledford at 615-604-8725 or LeeAnn Boston at 615-969-2880.

www.caneyforkfishcamp.com
www.fiddlers-inn.com
www.crackerbarrel.com
www.greattrainexpo.com
www.demosrestaurants.com
www.theprintersalley.com
www.nashvillecitycemetery.org

Revised Schedule Saturday April 10th

I had to shift the day around Saturday. The Nashville City Cemetery is providing us with our own personalized tour of the cemetery. I told them alittle about us and they got all excited and threw in some extras. We will arrive at the cemetery at 10:00, as they weren't available for an afternoon tour. From there we will go to the Great Train Expo. Being this moves our lunch time down a few hours, snacks and drinks will be provided by the chapter. There should be a concessions stand at the expo also. This will also give us more time to explore downtown Nashville for those interested. Below is the e-mail I received from the contact person at the cemetery.

Hi LeeAnn, This is Exciting. Jill and I will be even more eager to be your Tour Guides. We will study how we can bring some people-to-life, buried at City Cemetery, who were connected to the car industry (or before that industry >> the steamboat and horse & trade business) and to the undertakers business. New Avenues of Study for us to explore.
Be sure and have some take digital photos and we will post on our City Cemetery web site.
Hi Jill, Isn't this going to be interesting ! Please, see email below from LeeAnn.
Fletch

Just wanted to remind everyone our meet is 1 month from today. I called today and blocked off more rooms at Fiddler's Inn, bringing the total back up to 5. If anyone is interested, when you call, tell them the room is already reserved in my name and have it changed to your name. The same rate applies even if these rooms are taken. Hope to see you there!

If anyone is interested there are still 3 rooms reserved in my name. They are going to leave them open until Friday. It would be best to call 615-885-1440 and ask to speak to Angela and then exchange to your name. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing everyone and be careful on your journey!

won't be singin'

So long as I don't have to sing for my supper I will be there Friday night. I got the 61 M-M out of the barn and checked lights, fluids, and whatever came to mind. The gas is full and the 'new' red beacon is on the roof. Now if I can just get that British gal in my GPS to tell me the way all will be good.
Mike

:drive2:

So long as I don't have to sing for my supper I will be there Friday night. I got the 61 M-M out of the barn and checked lights, fluids, and whatever came to mind. The gas is full and the 'new' red beacon is on the roof. Now if I can just get that British gal in my GPS to tell me the way all will be good.
Mike

:drive2:

RED BEACON..... yeah Mike.

red beacon

Hey Richard,
Now my car will not (I hope) be mistaken for the coroners car as I saw and heard at a Carnation meet in Ohio. The amber lens will go into my display cabinet in the 'museum'. Now I am period correct...for Ohio. I also plan to go back to the steel wheels instead of the wires. I have never really bonded with the wires. May put them on my 91 Caprice.
Mike

Don't worry Mike. We will leave the singing up to the bluegrass band....I reserved the same room we had back in December. Be careful driving down!

Ya'll have fun this weekend and take lots of PICTURES..... and vids now that Jeremy knows how. Wish I was there. If there are beads to be given out, make sure those receiving them are working for them. :confused2:

If all goes well this afternoon, the 67 will be staying at home, and I'll be bringing a new coach in the morning. If all doesn't go well, I'll be there in the 67.

Josh

Richard, I heard a rumor that you are going to be here this weekend....

I wish LeeAnn. The Tennesse Chapter makes one feel right at home. We are so deep in deceased persons here I may not be able to attend the lolcal car show on Saturday. Best of Luck and have fun!!!!

:weneedpics_smi:

We are so deep in deceased persons here I may not be able to attend the lolcal car show on Saturday. Best of Luck and have fun!!!!

:weneedpics_smi:

Don't fell bad Richard. I had to leave the meet and come back to the fh Saturday and conduct a graveside service for an infant. That's just how funeral service is ya know.

Back